Superhost Status Revoked

Answered!
Shannon772
Level 2
Mill Bay, Canada

Superhost Status Revoked

I have had the Superhost status pretty much since I started hosting on Airbnb 3 years ago. My status was revoked this termm (April to June), stating I didn't have enough bookings. I had 8 out of 10 bookings April to June and one of those bookings was for a month. My overall star review is 4.87. The metrics make NO sense to me. It's been very busy the last 2 months  and that's great,  as the warmer months are when I get most of my booking, not many people visit my village in winter. Anyway, I "talked" with someone at support and the discussion was extremely frustrating as there was no reasonable explanation for revoking my Superhost status. The notion that the number of bookings rather than a percentage of days booked as an accurate way to collect data is ridiculous! Has anyone else had this experience and was it resolved in your favour? 

Top Answer
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Shannon772 

I don't think you can present arguments and have superhost re-instated. There are very clear targets that you have to meet, and if you don't meet all of them you're not a superhost for that period. But at the next review you can return to superhost, you just need to meet the targets again. Here are the criteria:

https://www.airbnb.co.za/help/article/829

View Top Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Shannon772 

I don't think you can present arguments and have superhost re-instated. There are very clear targets that you have to meet, and if you don't meet all of them you're not a superhost for that period. But at the next review you can return to superhost, you just need to meet the targets again. Here are the criteria:

https://www.airbnb.co.za/help/article/829

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Shannon772 , I'm so sorry to hear the loss of your Superhost badge. Looks like you've always put in consistent efforts to provide exceptional hospitality to guests. However, as @Shelley159 shared , there are a few criteria in place that are required to be fulfilled to receive the Superhost status : 

To qualify, listing owner with an account in good standing who has met the following criteria:

• Completed at least 10 trips or 3 reservations that total at least 100 nights
  • Maintained a 90% response rate or higher
  • Maintained a less than 1% cancellation rate, with exceptions made for those that fall under our Major Disruptive Events Policy
  • Maintained a 4.8 overall rating (A review counts towards Superhost status when either both the guest and the Host have submitted a review, or the 14-day window for reviews is over, whichever comes first).

We wish you all the best for the next assessment 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Kimberly1100
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

Interesting, I just had someone book my room for 2 months for the first time. Sounds like you had enough. I would talk to a supervisor. It seems like since I became Superhost my support is terrible. They were great when I was a nobody. I told them that when I had an ongoing issue they kept saying was a tech issue and a ticket was submitted but I just had to wait until they get to me. Almost a month of no bookings! I finally asked for a supervisor. It was a simple 2 minute fix and something I did wrong when I updated my bedroom photos. 

In the meantime, I guess the work around I will do thanks to you mentioning this is unblock a night an have my guest rebook a night here and there during their stay. What a hassle! Luckily, these girls are adorable and love me and won't mind but that could be a real bother to other guests.