Superhost Status-What a Joke

Superhost Status-What a Joke

Anyone else feed up with the superhost assessments? 

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Matt-and-Tatiana0 

It is a marketing gimmick

Agreed. It really does not mean anything. I stay at many airbnb's throughout the year and the 'super host' status has nothing to do with the experience. Reviews are all that matters. 

I just lost my superhost status at my airbnb. Simply because I fell behind on the response rate. Everything else was perfect. This was for a reason and I wouldnt change it if I could. Someone with no reviews kept asking odd questions so I moved on to the next person. I also may have two conversations at the same booking time and I hold off on getting back to one of them, always because that person has no reviews, and it hurts my response rate. I just ignore the superhost thing and do what is best for me. 

Some people may think that you should just let anyone stay are your place and that someone with 'no reviews' has to start somewhere. Not everyone can take this risk. I have been airbnbing for 12 years and the place I airbnb is actually my home with expensive items(west elm furniture, le creuset, etc.) No way am I letting just anyone stay at my house. Airbnb has made this difficult when they removed the setting to disallow anyone with no rating, or a poor rating. 

Always do what is best for you and ignore everything else. This is my advice. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You've got two 'Plus' (the devil's work IMO) listings, and both have slipped under 4.8. What exactly it is it you're mad about, @Matt-and-Tatiana0