Tax Forms 1099-K

Jason1759
Level 1
Ringgold, GA

Tax Forms 1099-K

Are we supposed to get a 1099-K?  I haven't received one and do not see one in my account page.

26 Replies 26
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Quincy @Stephanie Can we expect to access the earning summary at some point soon? This was supposed to be available in 'late January' and it's getting very frustrating.

Hal3292
Level 9
Bluefield, WV

We, too, have provided the tax documents that Airbnb requested but have not received a 1099 from Airbnb.

@Hal3292 Did you make more than $20,000 and have over 200 reservations? If not, then you will not receive a 1099 until the filing of the 2022 tax year.

Hi, Emilia, we are under $20,000 -- but I thought companies were obligated to provide us with a 1099 regardless of the amount, no?

Yes -- I see now that ABB is waiting until they absolutely MUST to provide this service to us hosts. Thanks for the link.

Does anyone know why the amount on the 1099 for 2021 doesn’t match the transaction history for 2021

I believe this is because the 1099 includes airbnb fees, host service fees and taxes collected from guests

Thank you Allie.  I was banging my head against the wall trying to reconcile things.  It looks like you are right.  Airbnb support just escalates and you won't hear about it again.  You'd think they'd have someone write half a page on the help site but no.  Also there is no summary or the airbnb fees charged to guest but I guess those are included in your 1099k total?  How do we account for those fees in our tax report remains a mystery, I'm going to retro-compute mine from the difference (1099K gross - payouts - federal witholding), but eyeballing the number doesn't correspond to the airbnb 14% fees.  What a mess, I'm hosting a 4-plex, I double checked payments at the very beginning but not later, and it looks like I have to go back and look up airbnb fees transaction per transaction for 1 year of rentals on 4 units.  OMG...

i need the tax form also...i emailed and nothing...my account needs it   HELP\

Gwen381
Level 2
Portland, OR

I have never made more than $20k in a year in Airbnb rental income, but usually Airbnb sends out an earnings statement in January/February for the previous year for doing our taxes. Why have we not received them for 2021? I saw another comment that said they were told we basically have to make our own. How do we do this?

Jen226
Level 1
Blacksburg, VA

what if you hosted for less than 14 days on your primary home that should not be taxable and $ goes into a different account but received a 1099k from Airbnb since you have other listings that are business?