Tax ID

Chris1395
Level 2
Sterlington, LA

Tax ID

Airbnb has made two or more requests for me to change my EIN due to it being rejected by the IRS. I have made numerous attempts to review and edit any error, but the site will not allow me to either edit or submit new information. The information I  submitted when formed our LLC Partnership is correct, so I already know I'll just be resubmitting identical information. The IRS had zero problem taking our taxes last year, so I am confused about the msg from Airbnb.

7 Replies 7
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Chris1395 , I'm sorry to hear there are some issues with your EIN! 

It's been a while since you posted, have you found the root of the problem yet or managed to upload the new (old) info?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

It’s been handled, but certainly not to my satisfaction.

Chris1395
Level 2
Sterlington, LA

I was able to resubmit, but the number was rejected by the feds according to Airbnb. My federally created EIN was rejected by the IRS after being in use for almost 2 years. 

Hey Chris I have the same problem If you find a solution please keep us posted thank you 

Airbnb basically forced me to delete my federal EIN and submit  my personal SS# despite the fact that I file federal and state under our business credentials. They said the IRS rejected the LLC info, but they’ve never rejected my tax payments. 

We are having the same issue.  We even got a letter saying everything was fine.  We cannot figure this out.

Diane1313
Level 1
Kaunakakai, HI

Also having the same issue. I received messages from Airbnb twice last year that my  tax info was rejected by the IRS, so I updated my info, trying both my LLC name as well as my own name.  Everything went fine this tax year with the IRS using my personal name with my EIN (because that's what AIrbnb customer service told me to do.)  but I just got another message from Airbnb that the IRS rejected my tax info because the name does not match the IEN. What are we supposed to do? Obviously there is no issue with the IRS, so why does Airbnb keep stressing everyone out with these messages?