The tax regime In France

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

The tax regime In France

I only usually have my property rented out on Air B& B for July and August and on two occasions only have had a booking of a few days In May and June. Yet the French tax have taken 16 euros a month for tax in advance on some bizzar calculation . This years tax return covers 2021 rental income. I know they owe me money as have overpaid the previous year. How do I hurry them up to get them to pay me what they owe. Financial hardship awaits. Are there any French tax experts on here! Would be willing to pay for financial info and help to fill in tax return . 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Yvonne682 

you need an accountant who understands UK and French tax law 

this is a forum for hosts and guests

Have you asked for recommendations on one of the French expat groups? 

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Hi Helen . Yes I realise this is a forum for hosts and guests but paying tax is a necessary part of hosting so would have thought it relevant . I have an expat group that I belong to and have asked for some advice but sadly they are all residents and their tax requirements are different to mine as I am not a resident of France so no knowledge of relevance.. There are many professionals on this site and thought maybe one of them had such a qualification. Plus may have wanted the work.  Who decides the relevance or otherwise of the topics to be discussed here ! Why the rebuke? The last time I was on here I had a very insulting rebuke form a man .It  is not a friendly forum. so pardon me I probably will never use it again. 

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Also just so you know Helen I looked into a financial company providing the info on tax law here and France that  I needed before I went on this community site and their fees are more than double what my tax could ever be, Also the guy on the end of the phone made out that the situation was highly complicated, Actually how my tax is worked out on my profit from my Air Band B is simple but the French terminology is difficult the form is difficult. My French is upper intermediate level. good A level  but regardless the tax jargon is exactly jargon   so even when I know what the word means in English it doesn't make sense because it is used in a different way. The same would most likely  apply to A French person who had a high level of English proficiency if they had to fill in one of our  tax or bank forms.