URGENT: Different pricing for the same stay

Kristina373
Level 2
Herriard, United Kingdom

URGENT: Different pricing for the same stay

I have two requests for 28 days, just staggered by one day.  One had the monthly discount applied, and one didn't. As the stay is not for 30 days, I don't see why the discount should apply??  I have pre-approved the first one this morning, which was at the higher level, who has not yet booked.  I haven't yet replied to the second request.  What should I do???

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

That's a strange one @Kristina373 . Is it for the same person?

And can I ask when the booking is for as STRs are likely to be banned here in England until 4 July unless for key workers etc.

Kristina373
Level 2
Herriard, United Kingdom

Hi Helen3,

Thanks for the reply It's not the same person! But the policy is that the discount applies from 28 consecutive nights, so who knows why the first enquiry didn't have her price adjusted.  The second one has been more pro-active and has good reviews, so I've gone with her and accepted the discounted price.

My understanding is that, as this is a stand alone cottage, we can welcome paying guests, as long as we have high standards of cleanliness as outlined on the site, and respect social distancing.

Thanks again for replying.

Kristina

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Kristina373 

No your understanding is not correct. Whole listings, hotels, camping sites etc have been banned from operating in the UK from April and the current ban from the government has been extended to 3 July.

You cannot welcome paying guests regardless of your standards.

Although Airbnb has only locked bookings until 18 May, they are likely to extend.