Virginia Permit

Ngan75
Level 1
Centreville, VA

Virginia Permit

Has anyone needed to get permit for listing your property on airbnb? I received a note from Fairfax county ask me to call them regarding airbnb. Wanted o see if anyone has gone through this.

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

When you set up your listing  did you check on your local government website to understand if there are any STR  restrictions in your location @Ngan75 

If there are and you didn't apply for a permit you may face fines /legal action 

a two second search on Google found the STR restrictions for your location https://www.townoffairfax.org/short-term-rental-program/

Thanks! I’ll look into it. Most people that I know they don’t have permit and never have any problems. I guess the neighbor that filed a complaint is just a hater.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

What's important here is not whether other people might be operating illegally but whether you apply for a permit if in your area you require one for the property that you have I'm afraid @Ngan75 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Ngan75, I hope everything is going well with you.

Helen has shared a link that could be useful for your situation. Have you had a chance to explore it? Did it provide the information you needed?

Please keep us posted.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad