We are leaving Airbnb and have never been happier!

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

We are leaving Airbnb and have never been happier!

I can say with 100% certainty, Airbnb, the company, is why we are leaving. We have been very successful using this platform that we once loved so much, but your constant involvement in political issues, support for BLM(the organization), horrible leadership, and lack of host support, finally pushed us to the edge. You are a drowning whale. Hopefully new leadership comes in to save this once great company. We(hosts) are what made Airbnb special, remember that.

41 Replies 41

@Erik-and-Keshia0 @I built the site myself using woo-commerce, wordpress, woo-bookings and woo addons. They are having a 40% sale tomorrow.

Ok! We have a website set up already. Right now trying to figure out what platform to use so people can book directly instead of being redirected to Airbnb. 

Ah, 'hot link' the 'word or icon' to point to your web site address; on the web site maker when you highlight any type (or icon) asks you where you want the hot link to go.

Btw, I do have an Airbnb hot link on our web site going to them, and many people that do not know us I suppose rather go through them. Odd, never goes the other way, meaning those that inquire via Airbnb have never asked if they can go direct, which we would never get into, on ethical grounds. 

@Erik-and-Keshia0, Here's how I setup the calendar and booking from my website.

Lawrence244_0-1650780261781.png

Lawrence244_1-1650780408309.png

xxdsad[-[

@Juan63 since you are saying you're in selling I don't know if you might be interesting in finding buyers for my property on a Greek Island with 3 very nice Apartments 200 meters from the sea!

@Juan63 Did you put on the site that you HATE BLM??? Make sure that you put that on your little WIX site.

Hi Nina, I just noticed this since I logged in for the first time in 4 years. Guess who ended up being right? Not you. BLM took millions and enriched themselves. They helped no one and cease to exist. You should take a step back an reevaluate your opinions. FYI, I'm a professional designer, I don't use wix.

Yes, BLM was a farse the entire time and I knew from the very beginning, based on the very real and very dystopian mission statement on thier original website, which has now been removed. 

I spent months investigating and reporting on the scam that the organization was and remains. 

As an American so called "black" myself, I am in a first seat position to say exactly what BLM is and the horrible effect its had on the people they claim to represent.

To be honest, most of these agendas are corrupt and create division and tension between people. I remember when Airbnb took away our ability to see guest photos before booking due to the "sudden claims of racism" on Airbnb.

It was a slap in the face to all hosts and a strategic move to make us powerless, and rob us of our right to use our intuition to determine whether we want to accept or reject a guest coming into our private homes. 

They made everything about race to force more bookings. I've traveled all over the world using this platform & never once was mistreated because of my skin color. 

2020 was the beginning of the end for this platform. I am so sorry they folded into mainstream liberal agendas. Clearly these divisive and destructive agendas runs the world and the consciousness of the majority of people. Just Not mine though..... never. I think for myself and I will find another way to create income streams and do what I love and am very good at. 

I loved and enjoyed this platform, but to be sold out over and over again - and end up being threatened to remove all of the cameras in my home is as communist as it gets. No thank you. 

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

I'm pretty sure he'll be back. No other platform gets the bookings that airbnb does. I've tried them all. 

@Donald28  If you had bothered to read all of Juan's responses, you would have seen that he is no longer interested in doing strs at all.

@Donald28  but you’d be wrong. 🙂 read above.

@Sarah977 Thanks for always paying great attention. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Juan63 

As @Sarah977  says, we may not have always agreed on this discussion forum, but I am sad to see any host who runs a good STR business feel they have to leave the platform because of the service they received.

Good luck with your future plans.

So true @Helen3, every good responsible host is a plus to Airbnb and a benefit to all other hosts in general. 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Juan63  Best of luck!