What is your Booking Rate? (Poll)

What is your Booking Rate? (Poll)

Hello! We are relatively new to AirBnB, and we don't know what a normal Booking Rate is.

We can only see our own, so if you are willing to share your Booking Rate, maybe we can all gain some insight!

We are in San Francisco, and ours has varied from 0.6% to 1.1% over the last few weeks.

76 Replies 76
Steven65
Level 10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I  am 1.6%. But I dont think it's a very useful measure. For example, If you have low availability then the future booking rate will be low, but as you are booked that's hardly a bad thing! Occupancy rate is far more useful and is on your progress\earnings tab.  If this is relatively high or meets your expectations then you should be happy. 

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

Mine is currently sitting at 1.2% and has ranged from a high of 3% just after I first listed to a low of 0.7% in my busiest month to date of July, which also corresponded to a 100% occupancy rate for open dates. 

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

Mine is 3.9%

Past 3 months have been very busy with 100% occupancy ... looking forward to a 10 day break when close everything over Christmas

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

My booking rate is currently 4.2% and is usually around this rate since I started hosting earlier in the year. I don't really take too much notice of this- as long as I am getting the bookings I need at the price I want I don't concern myself about who clicked through my listing- the clicks may not even be from potential guests who would actaully want to book- as I am sure someone else would have already said!

Tony505
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Booking rates will vary from area to area, and time of year.  I try to use the factor of how many days a month is my unit booked, as the key indicator.  I have a goal of 20 days booked, out of 30 days, or better.  The short answer to my current booking rate, is 1.6%

Sam397
Level 10
Reno, NV

To me the booking rate is nothing more then a tactic BnB uses to scare the host into doing things their way. They want people to see a crazy low number then panic and do things they want you to do, things like AB or price tips.

There are so many reasons why a person would view a listing and not book it. Maybe if they told you why it wasn't booked it would be helpful but just saying that a bunch of people viewed your listing and didn't book it does not help a host at all. To me, the only thing I look at is the percentage of the month I am booked

Hi,

It seems there is a common rate around 1.6 / 1.7 & 1.8% when I read the comment above. ( with exception of 3/4%). But the ratio is not really effective, because if you have 1.6% for 1000 views in 3 days for example, how can you compare it with 1000 views in 2 months with 1.6% rate ? 

Do you know if we could ask airbnb better statistic report of our zone ? 
Many thanks 

Ana & Lucas

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

To me the booking rate is a fairly useless statistic. Depending on where your listing is, the amount of competition, the time of year for those who have definite booking seasons, and what you offer, you could have a low or high booking rate but high or low occupancy. If a hundred people a day have viewed your ad and your average length of stay is one week, your booking rate would be really low and vice versa. And every time a host searches incognito on the site to see where they are ranking on the pages, that adds another view that doesn't get booked. 

Occupancy rate is what's of value, not View/Booking rate.

As it does vary from month to month and with seasonality, currently we have a 1.3% rating. What we notice is it typically goes between 1.3 to 1.8%, I find as our bookings start to increase our booking rate decreases due to availability. Currently we have been running at about 85%-95% occupancy rate.

Appreciate everyone's feedback

@Terry-and-Julian0 With that high occupancy rate, definitely the booking rate is decreased since there are few dates to be booked.

Therefore, occupancy rate is more important than booking rate. Only when the occupancy rate is very low, and your booking rate is low and views are high, you may need to find if something on your listing such as price or something else stopping it from being booked.

100% agree Mike. 

Kristen-and-Matt0
Level 2
Long Beach, CA

Little late to the party, but I'm glad to have read these insights.  As a somewhat new host (less than a year), this number was a little concerning to me (0.5%) .  But we do book fairly far in advance and have been happy with what we get.  So, I guess it's nothing to worry about!  Appreciate everyone who posted 🙂

Cameron98
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Mine ranges from abut 0.5% to 2%. No trend at all as to when it is higher or lower. Albeit I'm not a data analyst and perhaps I'm just not smart enough to work out any specific trend 🙂

Cosimo42
Level 1
El Cerrito, CA

Mine is a new posting, 0 feedback simply because no one stayed there before and I have a booking rate of 3.4% but it's still kind of high season, I expect that to drop when we hit October, and I have a minimum of 4 nights stay (it's a remote area and the cleaning person cannot get there every night...)

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

I don't even know where to find this thing...:)

I found one in Performance/ Visibility/ Listing page views.

From the day I started my listing until today, it says:

Contact rate 3,4%

Book rate 78%

No idea what it means, is it good or not and how I can use this statistic...