Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

What should I do If my property manager doesn’t pay me back whatever he is getting from guest through Airbnb?

What should I do If my property manager doesn’t pay me back whatever he is getting from guest through Airbnb?

I have a property manager who is also a realtor and his business is register under LLC.

I added him as a co-host and since then Airbnb paying all the income to his account.

it’s been more than 2 months I am chasing him to get income from January and February but he is not responding and paying me.

I can see that he is responding guest but not me.

so, what should I do at this point? 
-should I stop doing Airbnb?

-should I go to police to report him?

-Aribnb will take a step to bring the solution?

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@MD-Rashedul0 I would take back control of the listing and find a new manager. In the UK the police wouldn't take action as it is a civil/contractual issue between you and the manager.

I don't see how/why Airbnb can/should help you.

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@MD-Rashedul0 Well, that was a really poor decision for which only you are responsible, but I'm sure you understand that now. You can have a co-host but still control the funds, just FYI. Not everybody is trustworthy, which is a tough lesson, but true. 

You need to have a come-to-Jesus talk with that guy right now, and then fire him. Just FYI, Realtors are governed by a realtor board of ethics in your state. When I had a problem with a realtor trying to rip me off- doing something REALLY unethical- all it took was the threat of my filing a complaint with that governing board, and he crumbled and settled right away. I believe they have the power to revoke his license, and since he knew he did wrong, the threat worked. 

Don't play all of your cards at once, but use this to make him do the right thing. Good luck. Get that creep out of your life! 

I do appreciate your input.