When can we accept a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or lite coin as payment?

Irina108
Level 4
Surfers Paradise, Australia

When can we accept a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or lite coin as payment?

I would like to accept diffrent cryptocurrency's as payment, would anyone else like to have that option? Airbnb could credit my walet with the cryptocurrency, after subtracting the service fee just like normal.

75 Replies 75

I think this option is widely spread for today all around the world. Of course, it is not the case that you can receive and pay digital money everywhere. But you can use exchangers like Switchere. I often buy crypto on Switchere, and this service is flawless for me. Besides, I like their rates. This year, I even paid for my flights with digital money. It’s a pity the trip was cancelled due to the quarantine.

Airbnb is currently in talks with Travala about accepting crypto, Travala is the world's leading blockchain based Online Travel Agent and would handle all the necessary work involved. It would be a great partnership for both companies. 

Dante30
Level 2
Sestri Levante, Italy

Airbnb is working with Travala

Lois28
Level 1
South Africa

I would appreciate payment in Bitcoin.

I do not get many Airbnb bookings because  my establishment is off the beaten track so I will consider Bitcoin payment as a savings account.

Bring it on.

Sherryl1
Level 2
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

I see two years of request for information and desires to accept cryptocurrencies, whether it be BTC or others....and that is two years of being ignored by Airbnb for response and resolution.

YES YES YES 

MILLION X YES

Caleb131
Level 2
Delaware, OH

YES!! This needs to happen! Bitcoin is becoming way more popular in countries outside the US and I want to start loading my bitcoin wallet as a host!

Warren168
Level 2
Boulder, CO

Back when this post was first made (2017), Bitcoin was between about $700 and $20,000. 

I considered my bitcoin-obsessed friend "crazy" at the time.  I wondered why he held even past the peak to $20k.

Now that it is in the $45,000-$60,000 range, I can see more clearly what's going on. The US$ is devaluing, home prices are "going up" - and smart people are looking for a safe hedge for $'s  that is also spendable.  The spending-spree (by governments) post-covid is causing inflation, and it is finally hitting people directly. Food, Gas, Utility costs, House valuations, price of lumber, etc. are all going up. We can see gasoline supply pinches starting as well (Las Vegas, Florida Keys, etc).

Precious metals are held artificially low in value to mask this, as the central banks have paper derivatives that enable them to keep those metals range-bound.  Spending via precious metals is also a pain (or depending on where you live, totally impractical).

Bitcoin and (more or less) other Cryptos are immune to the devaluation going on, and it won't be long before the paper-derivatives holding down gold / silver, etc., will crack as well.

Had I put a small percentage of my savings in bitcoin in early 2017, say.... $10,000, I'd now have 10 bitcoins valued at $400,000 to $600,000, an amount dwarfing my savings.

I want Airbnb to accept cryptos, ASAP.  I know there are apps guests can used to book Airbnb's, but that's a conversion process, not direct, and the host doesn't have a way to set up a crypto wallet as the payment account.

Airbnb, you have a great opportunity to try this and increase your market valuation while also helping guests and hosts.

This is NOT to be confused with accepting "digital currencies", which so many countries are pushing in order to go "cashless".  Digital currencies have the same problem the US$ has.... no limits, thus inevitable inflation and a crash.

I volunteer as a host to be in any beta-test of a crypto payment option.

Fred222
Level 2
Wake Forest, NC

As a host I would love to see an option to set a percentage of payments to be in Bitcoin, Ethereum and maybe a few other top cryptos that you can select from.  

While it's not yet a standard payment option, some businesses are already accepting it. For instance, Overstock.com is one of the big names that accept Bitcoin.

While it's not yet a standard payment option, some businesses are already accepting it. For instance, Overstock.com is one of the big names that accept Bitcoin. The good news is that if you want to start accepting Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, there are a few payment processors that can help, such as BitPay or Coinbase. Just keep in mind that it's important to do your research and stay informed about the legal and financial implications. By the way, have you checked out the **? It's a great way to get into cryptocurrency trading!

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

Thanks for the information !

Currently, some companies are already taking responsibility for payment quality, but how quickly this happens for everyone depends on choices, including regulatory consumption and consumption for consumers.Some countries already have regulatory frameworks for rates that make it easier to accept cryptocurrency as payment. Other countries are still working on creating regulations.In addition, in order for cryptocurrency to become more widespread, it must be more user-friendly for ordinary users and businesses. Currently, such a difficulty with the acceptance of cryptocurrency as payment, such as high fees for high and unstable prices. 

**[Advertisement removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines

Currently, some companies are already taking responsibility for payment quality, but how quickly this happens for everyone depends on choices, including regulatory consumption and consumption for consumers.Some countries already have regulatory frameworks for rates that make it easier to accept cryptocurrency as payment. Other countries are still working on creating regulations.In addition, in order for cryptocurrency to become more widespread, it must be more user-friendly for ordinary users and businesses. Currently, such a difficulty with the acceptance of cryptocurrency as payment, such as high fees for high and unstable prices. I know a great online platform**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines review for Aussie , on which I earn excellent , and raise my earnings in cryptocurrency , it is an excellent and convenient platform , where you can pay with cryptocurrency , And also on this platform , a lot of nice bonuses .

Imagine booking an Airbnb with BTC, ETH, or any other crypto and having the process streamlined like the usual payment method. That'd be so awesome! Let's keep pushing for crypto adoption! The possibilities are endless, and being part of this digital revolution is exciting.