When can we accept a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or lite coin as payment?

Irina108
Level 4
Surfers Paradise, Australia

When can we accept a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or lite coin as payment?

I would like to accept diffrent cryptocurrency's as payment, would anyone else like to have that option? Airbnb could credit my walet with the cryptocurrency, after subtracting the service fee just like normal.

75 Replies 75
Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

Crikey! That's  brave of you...

Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

>Crikey! That's  brave of you...

I'm thinking a different word....

I'm also thinking a different word: Smart, wise and clever.

Cheers to a future where we can travel the world, all while transacting in our favorite cryptocurrencies!

@Irina108   I would like to be paid in gold.

@Ange2 Certainly the best way to get paid on earth! Nothing is better than gold.

Elizabeth76
Level 4
Lakeside Marblehead, OH

@Ange2 wrote:

@Irina108   I would like to be paid in gold.

Yep, or how about Diamonds, Rubies, and Sapphires, and perhaps, even a private island somewhere! LOL

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

I had some guests that sat me down to an informercial on buying bitcoins. (20 min video) they had made so much money apparently. 😉 I just couldn’t see why they were staying at mine and not a five star hotel....so red flag red flag. I politely declined their offer to buy some tempting as it sounded. But it’s doing well in Oz apparently. 

They may not like hotels. We have always stayed at 5 star hotels until we found Airbnb. 

Never go back again. We love tvs personal and individuality of it and we host for the same reason.

I’m hoping we can accept bitcoin some time soon or Eth!! 

This is exactly the right answer. You have less problems dealing with average people, versus materialistic people who are afraid of anything having the slightest bit of wear. 

I remember in 2010 I was like Ria. Same attitude. Then I bough my first coins in 2011, selling because I didn't like the coin hoarder mentality of early adopters. It clicked for me totally though when I learned about smart contracting. I opened my mind and got why crypto will succeed.

You don't need to speculate in crypto to accept it. It's much better to accept crypto because there are no chargebacks or payment processors going bankrupt.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Irina108 No. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Irina108, It is currently under consideration, and statement on cryptocurrency is not far away!

Cheers.....Rob

Irina108
Level 4
Surfers Paradise, Australia

How do you know? Are they going to do it????