Where are the gross earnings in the new platform?

Donna1173
Level 2
Hendersonville, NC

Where are the gross earnings in the new platform?

Hello,

My local government requires a gross earnings amount for records. I can not find this in the new platform. I see paid out earnings and total earnings that include traveler fees, but I don't think that is what they're looking for.

Thanks for your help! Donna

10 Replies 10
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Donna1173 ! Did you happen to reach the Support team to receive some guidance around this topic?

I am sharing a few Resource Centre articles that might help navigate through the new updates : 

👉 A new dashboard gives you a clear view of your earnings 

👉 Where do I find my Airbnb earnings for tax purposes? 

Keep us posted if you've already managed to find the records~🌻.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Bhumika   I can't help anymore -- I can't figure out the website or find any useful reports, so I keep my own records.

Donna1173
Level 2
Hendersonville, NC

Bhumika,

thank you so much for your help on this issue. I do see the report that you’re talking about but it’s for a year and I need a month report for gross earnings in December. Do you happen to know where that might be?

Thanks so much!

Donna

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Donna1173 ! Thank you for sharing your questions with us.

I am also tagging a few experienced Hosts who have always provided some great advises related to earnings and taxes, if they have any ideas or advice for us related to your question about monthly reports . @Lorna170 @Joelle43 @Lorina14 @Nash-Cottages-LLC0 . 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Bhumika Thanks for having faith that we might be able to help out @Donna1173 .

We can't seem to find it but a work around (which might take a few minutes) is to go through each reservation that was paid out the month and get the information from there.

As with @Lorna170, we keep some of our own records. We use the information from each reservation and then have copy and paste those data into an excel spreadsheet. 

Thank you for the reply @Nash-Cottages-LLC0 . I guess I don't know what is considered gross. Is it the full amount including guest fees and my fees?

@Donna1173 According to Investopedia, "Gross earnings is the total amount of income earned over a period of time..." but, we would seek clarity from the local government agency requesting this information. 

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Donna1173  Are you trying to fill out the E-500 Sales and Use Tax report?

No, it is for our local government. Even though they have been paid through Airbnb, I have to fill out a form each month with the number of nights rented and the gross amount. Normally, ABNB deducts some of the fees from the gross amount and I could do the math myself if I knew which ones. Thanks for your help!

Hi Lorna,

No, the occupancy report for Hendersonville. On the old platform, I could just choose the month I needed, and it showed gross and net, deducting the necessary fees. I don't know which fees to include in the gross.

Thanks for helping!

Donna