Where in orange county, Can i Airbnb without a permit ?

Answered!
Sweet-Home15
Level 1
Vancouver, Canada

Where in orange county, Can i Airbnb without a permit ?

I'm a host moving from Canada to USA and I wonder where in Orange county, can I rent a condo, and Airbnb it without having to obtain a permit ? Which cities within orange county has the chillest regulation ?  Any tips / suggestions welcome.

1 Best Answer

@Sweet-Home15 , Orange County, California does not have an umbrella short term rental policy/guidelines (unless if falls into unincorporated areas of OC). It is up to each city within the county to decide whether or not they to allow short term rentals within their jurisdiction. So you’ll need to do your homework and research each city to determine whether or  not they allow STRs.   Even if the city allows short term rentals ,  the landlord/management company may not allow subletting or short term rentals of their condo/townhome/apartments. Any rental/lease agreement you enter into will need to be  respected/followed or you may risk eviction.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

1. Yes look on the Orange County website and look at their STR regulations.

2. look at leases for the condo you want to buy many have clauses that stop you operating an STR/running a business 

Before looking to host again you probably want to review what led to such low reviews on your previous listing @Sweet-Home15 

@Sweet-Home15 , Orange County, California does not have an umbrella short term rental policy/guidelines (unless if falls into unincorporated areas of OC). It is up to each city within the county to decide whether or not they to allow short term rentals within their jurisdiction. So you’ll need to do your homework and research each city to determine whether or  not they allow STRs.   Even if the city allows short term rentals ,  the landlord/management company may not allow subletting or short term rentals of their condo/townhome/apartments. Any rental/lease agreement you enter into will need to be  respected/followed or you may risk eviction.