Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Yale Assure Lock SL - Integration issues (Guests not receiving codes automatically)

Drew2062
Level 2
Denver, CO

Yale Assure Lock SL - Integration issues (Guests not receiving codes automatically)

Hey!

We have used an August Smart Lock (3rd gen I think) with keypad for over two years with our first rental, and thankfully, it's worked great with basically no issues. I didn't want to deal with a separate keypad for our second rental, so we went the Yale Assure Lock SL. I have integrated it with Airbnb through the app, received a confirmation email from August/Yale that we're good to go, and it's not sending my guests the usual auto-generated message and code. We've had 7 bookings in the first two days, and not one of them has received the message my guests receive on my other listing with my old August Smart Lock.

I have recalibrated the lock, disconnected my locks from Airbnb, reconnected them. I even tried it from an iPhone (we have Pixels) to see if that made a difference. On all phones, it shows that we're connected. But every new booking = same result, i.e., no message, no code.

Anybody have any tips on getting the lock to actually integrate with Airbnb so that my guests are getting codes automatically?

Thanks,

Drew

9 Replies 9
Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Drew2062,

That sounds rather inconvenient, have you managed to get everything working since you posted here? If not, I think @Sami459 @Amanda1868 and @Joel71, amongst others, mentioned using Yale locks as well. They might have some tips for you?

Let us know how you get on please 🙂

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hey @Drew2062 I have the Yale Assure. We haven't had any issues with it (other than pre-existing reservations you will need to manually add the codes and notify guests, but that is simple).

Do you have the Yale Access App? It was very confusing since some of the instructions online were still navigating away from the August platform and hadn't yet migrated to the Yale App. I wasn't sure if I needed to use August or Yale to connect to Airbnb, but after some research, the newer versions just use the Yale Access app. If you already have the Yale app and connected it using the "Works With..." tab, I might not be of much help. But if you were only going through Airbnb or August to attempt to connect, start with the Yale Access app and I can give you a few pointers since we've been using it a few months now. Let me know!

I connected mine with both apps as part of the troubleshooting process. I even contacted Airbnb to confirm everything was synced. No help. Still not working. I'll be replacing with a Schlage Encode Plus as soon as I can find one.

Hi @Drew2062,

Sorry to hear of this problem -- which is about the ONLY problem I have NOT had with my August/Yale locks (my issue is mainly of codes not working midway through a guest's stay).

Unfortunately, you will probably have to deal with August "support", which is not competent.  I've been waiting for three months for them to fix the issue I've reported (and extensively documented with screenshots and video).  Here's the last non-English-fluent message I received from them:

hardlyworking.png

I hope you have better luck,

Joel

I'm having the same issue with my newly purchased Yale Assure wifi lock -(Doesn't send the messages to the guest with the door code) I'm just following up to see if anyone was able to get this issue resolved?

Nope, neither August nor Airbnb were able to help me with mine. I'm manually inputting codes for each guest in the August app. It's enough of a pain that I plan to replace the lock in June with a Schlage Encode Plus. I hear they integrate with Airbnb without the need for additional software now (i.e., they automatically generate codes for guests). I think you used to have to subscribe to Remotelock for that feature.

Larry469
Level 2
Amarillo, TX

I have had the same exact issue. I've spoken to August and Airbnb on multiple occasions and spent hours and hours going through all of their troubleshooting steps.  August keeps telling me they are "working on it", but after months of dealing with this, i have my doubts. Very frustrating!

Hillary96
Level 2
Bremerton, WA

I recently called the Yale tech support line and was told that integration only works if the email address you use to log in to the Yale Access app is the same as your ABB email address. They also said it wouldn't work if two hosts linked their accounts to the same lock.

Dan16331
Level 2
Maple Grove, MN

I am having the same issue.  I am not the primary host which I thought was the issue.  We removed my integration from my Yale app and added it on the primary host's app and just got a new booking today and still no autogenerated code or messages.