Zoning Regulation in Mystic CT

Arnaud401
Level 2
Stonington, CT

Zoning Regulation in Mystic CT

Hello,

I'm starting a group of Airbnb owners residing in Mystic CT ( Groton/Stonington) so we can "help" the zoning commission on regulating STR. We want to be part of the solution and we don't want them to just ban STR in Mystic.

I'm looking for some Data so I can show that Airbnb guests are not evil and that they actually bringing a lot of revenue and more to the city.

I would like to find out:

How many guest in 2021.

How much taxes the CT tase division received from guest who stayed in Mystic in 2021.

How many listing in Mystic (Groton/Stonington) CT.

I'm not looking at names or any personal information. I just need data so I can build smart arguments.

Do you think that Airbnb would help me?

If yes who do you think I should contact.

Thank you for your time.

Arnaud Bourgeois

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Arnaud401 I don't know if Airbnb would help but you could try and find a local Facebook group and try and get the info that way.

Arnaud what agenda does the P&Z have currently on track to regulate the short term stays? I have not seen anything posted 

Hi - I’m very interested in this topic, as we will be  purchasing a home in Mystic for family vacation use and STR the rest of the time.  How can I keep up with current regulations and possible upcoming changes? Thank you!

You can join the Mystic Host Association on Facebook.  At this point Groton is going to ban them so I would do your research prior to purchasing. Good luck!  

a vote will take place March 27th

What was the result of that vote?  We have been looking to purchase a home in the Groton/Mystic area to use, but also rent.