co hosting. rental property managing

Answered!
Tracy936
Level 2
Hilton Head Island, SC

co hosting. rental property managing

I am rental managing a client. should i list it under my own profile as my listing, or create the listing on behalf of the client them owning it

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tracy936 The latter with you as a co host. That way they can maintain/take control as and when they want .

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tracy936 The latter with you as a co host. That way they can maintain/take control as and when they want .

So what I will be doing is creating the listings on their behalf with their log in and personal info making my self cohost and also setting myself as primary is what i can do as well. Owner still owns the listing reviews and status there after if I leave the listing. Let me ask this. The owner will be paying the platforms %s  plus my monthly %. How does that play? 

Have you cohosted a property before @Tracy936 ?

the owner should set up the listing in their name rather than you. They then add you as the cohost and add the agreed commission.

once listing is published you can go in and edit the content/upload photos etc. 

I don't think my client wants to do any of the work. Airbnb doesn't split commissions anymore with co hosts. 

I'm a cohost and yes the owner can go in and add you as a cohost and add your payment level @Tracy936 

Where on the site? 

Thanks. One thing that I am wondering is that the host is paying 3% to airbnb for their listing plus my commissions as well. Is that how it works? 

@Tracy-And-Scotts-Ocean-Villa-Stay0 

it's up to you and the host to agree how it works in terms of the cohosting relationship.

why not  get some more experience as a host and get a better understanding of how cohosting services work,  before you start offering a cohosting service to others?