extra guest fee

Answered!
Sharon830
Level 3
Bellefonte, PA

extra guest fee

Hi! I've been recently looking into all my payouts and realized that the extra guest fee only gets charged just one night and not added on to any additional days.....what the heck is going on?  Another matter I'm trying to deal with is Airbnb decided to lower my daily fee for someone who is staying with me for a month. It's supposed to be 95.00 per night and are only charging them 48.39. I do have a 7% discount for a month stay, but my Math is way off compared to theirs. I've put in a request to get this straightened out but still no response. I'm almost ready to quit.   I would appreciate any help!   

Thank you.

Sharon

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sharon830 the extra guest fee usually applies each night so I can't help with that one. For the weird monthly price go into your listing and check for monthly/weekly prices. Sometimes these get set as per night fees when actually they should be per week or per month. You'll need to click edit to see what is currently set.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sharon830 the extra guest fee usually applies each night so I can't help with that one. For the weird monthly price go into your listing and check for monthly/weekly prices. Sometimes these get set as per night fees when actually they should be per week or per month. You'll need to click edit to see what is currently set.

Sharon830
Level 3
Bellefonte, PA

Thank you so much for your input.  I realized what I had done and have corrected my situation. It's great having this community Center for advice.                  Sharon

Hi @Sharon830 !

Looks like you had the issue with the extra guest fee on another thread about monthly booking issues?

See: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/monthly-bookings/m-p/1801889#M36824

Re-posting here:

Additional Guests fees are applied to every night. The problem is Airbnb adjusts the nightly price over the entire stay to account for the additional guests fee (they don't list it separately for the guest). You should see the price breakdown as a host though. I'm not exactly sure what the Guest view is when booking (if they can see the price per night and the addl guest fee separately?). Maybe another host can chime in if they know how that appears?

I think this is very confusing for both hosts and guests. Guests think they are paying a higher price per night than advertised, as they don't realize the additional guest fee has been added across the stay.  Hosts find it confusing as they think the addl guest fee has not been applied correctly for each night of the stay.

I suggest providing feedback to Airbnb on this issue. I think it would clear up alot of confusion for everyone if they listed addl guests fees separately, rather than adjusting the nightly price over the entire stay.

Here is a screen shot of a reservation with addl guest fees. You can see the price for the Guest view is increased per night to account for the addl guest fees. The Host breakdown does show the addl guest fees separately.

Joan2709_0-1690493326156.png

Cheers!