host payment not received

Goran149
Level 2
Split, Croatia

host payment not received

They say that every communication should start politely and with praise. Well, I've been using Airbnb for more than 10 years, and so far there have been no problems.
My problem is very simple for anyone who has a little logic, understanding and desire to help. As I read more and more posts about non-payment due to my problem, it all looks a bit like the beginning of a big scam.
Specifically,:
last year, the last reservation was in August 2023.-  for 6 days, where the guest duly arrived and stayed in the facility. I have a confirmation from the Croatian Tourist Office that the guest was. I have a review from an Airbnb guest. Everything was properly paid and the money arrived in my account.
The following guests came at the beginning of July 2024 and again at the end of July 2024. I did not get paid for any of those guests in 2024!!!
When I was checking everything, I realized that for unknown reasons, AIRBNB put the last reservation from last year on HOLD and claims that I owe them money.

In the last 25 days, I spent more than 20 hours on various communications with AIRBNB support (phone, messages, emails). Airbnb support has so many generic messages that it's unbelievable how rude, arrogant they can be. They closed several cases of our communication and then everything starts all over again. It will always be forwarded to a "specialized team", "someone will contact us in future" , it will always "be raised to the highest professional level".
But unfortunately nothing of all that, because I always call, I'm always the first who write a new message, etc. I sent all the evidence (copies of correspondence with the guest, copies of bank statements) from which it is evident that the money was not withdrawn for my guests this year -2024., and that the problem is with the reservation from last year, which is still on hold.
At the moment, Airbnb owes me almost 10k Euros, and as soon as tomorrow I have new guests coming through Airbnb.
I find myself in a situation where I don't trust Airbnb and I don't know if the guests have paid them.

In our area, the guest is always special and always right, so tomorrow I will accept new guests and provide the best service (I am a superhost), and the Airbnb debt will increase by a new approx. 5 k EUR.
And I will take a loan from the bank again (as when I was building the villa), so that I could pay for all the services for the villa.
My questions:
Which court in Europe has jurisdiction over problems with Airbnb?
How many such cases are there when payment is not executed?
Is Airbnb in financial trouble?
Is Airbnb having problems with a hacker attack?
Any help and advice is welcome, because this is the only source of income for me and my entire family.
Thank you for taking the time to read.

2 Replies 2
Val8230
Level 2
New York, NY

Hi Goran,

Im a new host. I finished my second booking on Saturday. On Monday, July 29, I had a guest check in for 44 nights. I was supposed to get paid on the 30th just under $3900 for the 1st payment. That afternoon I check the app and saw the date was pushed to August 1. I called support and got a supervisor on the phone. He told me there was a glitch and promised me that I would be paid today. Literally promised me. I checked the app when I woke up and now it says there is a hold on the payment. I called support and the rep said he was seeing a payout for Aug 2...

Also, my second booking ($800) was delayed two days as well. This is only my 3rd booking and I wasnt anticipating these issues. I host across the river from NYC. The demand here is very high and I cant afford to let guests stay at the apartment and not be paid. The amount of complaints globally is very concerning. 

Let me know if have any luck getting paid.

airbnb does not pay to host: part 2

So another week has passed, now there have been 3 groups of guests, and still no one from Airbnb has offered any concrete help or explanation. I had the last call 5 days ago (August 2, 2025, Friday, 16:33) where I was told for the umpteenth time to be patient for another 2-3 days and that the technical problem would be solved. In the conversation, it was confirmed to me that:

1. AIRBNB knows that they have not paid me the amount for the last 3 guests this year!!! ( more 15.000 euro).
2. AIRBNB knows that there is a technical error in their system for the last reservation from last year (August 2023), which was put on hold (even though I was duly paid)!!!
3. AIRBNB knows where the problem is!!!
4. AIRBNB has not done anything for 34 days since the problem was first reported!!!
5. AIRBNB owes me over 15,000.00 EU !!!

What to do?
1. Continue with the free service, covering all costs.
2. Hope, pray (please if you know the name of the airbnb church where I should go) that AIRBNB could pay us or as an absolute minimum that you contact us with some concrete information?
2. Cancel all reservations, ruin tens of people's vacations and move to another platform?
3. Take a lawyer's office and seek legal protection or file a lawsuit.
4. Contact the Croatian association of family accommodation registered in the Republic of Croatia?

Honestly, (anyone who reading this post and works for airbnb), how can you be a part of this?

Thousands of hosts report  problem with paying, and airbnb continues to do the same, without the slightest concern for the damage and financial difficulties it causes to me as a host, and potentially to future guests.

And I know that I will again receive a response full of understanding and fake sweet words begging for my patience. But that message can't feed my children, with that message I can't pay for accommodation for three students. With that message, I cannot pay for the cleaning service, nor can I maintain my facility.
With that message, I can only...

And then you realize again, that the small ones are small, and the big ones are big. And you realize that injustice was the initiator of the biggest changes. You realize that when a man has nothing left to lose, he is ready for anything.