iCAL Calendar Import Issue from Booking.com

Agim0
Level 2
Shkodër, Albania

iCAL Calendar Import Issue from Booking.com

Booking.com has recently started providing an iCAL calendar export link. However when attempting to import the iCAL Calendar into Airbnb calendar it gives an error:

"The calendar address isn’t in ICAL format. Check the URL and try importing again."

booking0ics.JPG

But if I import the calendar to Google Calendar it goes fine. Also it goes fine when I import to Homeaway.com.

Anybody having this issue? Could this be because Airbnb does not recognize booking.com iCAL yet?

Booking iCAL URL has following format:

https://admin.booking.com/hotel/hoteladmin/ical.html?t=<unique_key>

79 Replies 79

Hi Sk, thanks a lot for giving me such detail steps to solve this issue,  I will try those steps and hope it works for me! 

Thanks SK and this is exactly I too did to prevent the Airbnb calendar from being wrongly displayed as open. I had a brief discussion with Airbnb customer service and the agent told me that this is a problem affecting only me! I am sure there are many hosts and probably they are not yet aware..

As I was in the process of figuring this out, I had disabled my IB(just in time) because at the same time there were multiple inquires for the dates that are not actually available but Airbnb calendar wrongly displayed those dates as open.

Hope Airbnb folks provide a fix soon..

>>anand

The same happened to me just now. The problem seems to spread out.

ImagineStays0
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

Same problem! Hope to get a solution as soon as possible.... 😕

Hello

Having the same problem with ICAL address from booking not being accepted on airbnb

all of a sudden I have lost syncing calendars with Booking.com overnight. When I go to import Booking URL it now says its not ical format on Airbnb.

This is strange as it has been syncing well until overnight.

Can someone help me?

Bojan9
Level 2
Ljubljana, Slovenia

I have the same problem, apparently Airbnb changed something in their import code. Older bookings made by Booking.com are still recorded in Airbnb calendar.

I cant even syn the calendars now for some reason and there is no phone number to call Airbnb.

great thank you.

ImagineStays0
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

I called them just now and they also tried to sync but could not. They reported the issue to the supporting team and promised an answer for tomorrow (29.03.2017) i told them that it is not a unique problem but many hosts has the same, so hopefully they will hurry to find a solution. I will let you know if i get an answer.

Thanks for the update. I would urge every one who has the issue should call and create a ticket. 

Okgo0
Level 1
Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Same issue has been bugging me since a few days back. I have since manually blocked every dates that I get a new booking for. This is really frustrating :[

Mihai4
Level 2
Brașov, Romania

Hi, 

I have noticed the same issues with importing Booking calendar, about 24 hours ago I have noticed the error message in AIRBNB sync calendars saing Import failed, then I have removed the Booking calendar but trying to add it again faild with the message <<The calendar address isn’t in ICAL format. Check the URL and try importing again.>>

Unfortunately all Booking reservations have been removed from my Airbnb calendar so I have had to manualy block the Booking booked days! 

Booking calendar import in Google Calendar works fine..

Mark392
Level 1
Bucharest, Romania

Same issue for me here...damned annoying! I tried the workarouns mentioned earlier but I cannot create an ical file from the booking.com url...so that avenue closed also. Awaiting AirBNB to come up with a fix. Its definitely and AIRBNB problem as the export link from booking.com works fine in tripadvior calendar sync.....