monthly stays in new york

Amanda2726
Level 2
New York, NY

monthly stays in new york

Hi my name is Amanda! I am new to hosting and I wanted to get some feed back from other hosts doing monthly plus stays in  New York.  How is monthly stays going for you guys? Are you making enough revenue? Any tips ?

6 Replies 6
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Amanda2726 ! How are you progressing with hosting your listing? Have you noticed any potential inquiries from guests? 

I am also inviting a few Hosts from the region, if they have any ideas or suggestions for your question : @Jenny1924 @Jeffrey734 @Michael2927 .

It could also be a good idea to join the New York Host Club to exchange ideas and experiences with fellow local Hosts.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jenny1924
Level 2
New York, United States

Hello amanda2726 & Bhumika, my name is Jenny and im located in the Bronx, I haven’t hosted anyone since the new law passed, only had one inquiry and failed.  It would be a great idea for those of us that don’t have license get together with those that do and see what we can do.  However, I don’t have the license as it’s now required in the state of New York. But i did apply and they responded as follow:  

1) The submitted listings offer illegal occupancy, specifically the listings offer an entire home rental and occupancy to more than two guests, and may be corrected by replacing the listings or modifying the listings to offer legal occupancy; and 2) the submitted listings appear to offer illegal occupancy, specifically they appear to offer unhosted rentals, and may be corrected by replacing the listings with ones that offer legal occupancy or amending the listings to make clear that the stay is hosted within the unit that is the subject of the application.

@Jenny1924  I am located on the border of queens/Brooklyn. I started in the ending of September last year and got luck with getting a booking within 2 weeks for month. After that I have had inquiries but everyone wants a discount or wants to go off of Airbnb. Since then I haven’t had anyone book. I don’t want to get the license and have the state all in my business. I also don’t live there it’s a complete rental home so I wouldn’t even pass to get it. I have a cleaning business and I have a client in down town Brooklyn that is always getting booked for months on end but she’s in a prime area so that could be a issue as well. Also if I lower my prices then it would just be rent and all this wouldn’t make sense. The goal is to make a little more then rent. 

I can relate and that’s how I feel and that’s exactly my case.  I own a MedSpa in the Bronx, Rejuvenate Spa NY, i also don’t live in the vacation rental.  However, i need to make money to pay this mortgage, therefore i felt forced to submit the application for license. I wonder how some in the bronx can advertise entire home in bronx?  Text me to send you a link in the bronx. **

**[Phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Jenny1924 @Amanda2726 , 

I had to remove Jenny's phone number due to safety reasons as per our Community Center Guidelines . However, I would highly recommend sharing further contact information by sending a DM message to each other. 

You can do so, by clicking on each other's profile > and clicking on send message button : 

Bhumika_0-1707492806823.png
Hope this helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jenny1924
Level 2
New York, United States

Oooh im so sorry, and thanks Bhumika, I didn’t think.