my listing in downtown st petersburg. The city mandates a 30 day rental but everyone around has 3 night rentals

Maggie701
Level 2
Florida, United States

my listing in downtown st petersburg. The city mandates a 30 day rental but everyone around has 3 night rentals

How does everyone around my lisitng promote for less than the mandated 30 day minimum?
Also, my listing is not showing up in the map search- not sure why

2 Replies 2

Hi @Maggie701 

Several things could be happening...

First, guests will not see your listing appear unless they search by dates for a min stay of 30days. This is probably why you are not seeing your listing appear in search results. If they search for min stays less than 30days, your listing will not appear as it doesn't meet the guest search criteria.

When I search for a stay of 30days on your listing it showed a price over $11,000? All the other monthly listings around you were in the $2500-$3000 range? You might want to check your pricing.

Joan2709_0-1720918297383.png

Depending on the specifics of the 30day min requirement, some listings may be exempt. Many cities allow hosts that live on the property to be exempt and only non-resident properties to have the restriction. Some cities only place the restriction on individual, entire homes, not rooms in a home or apts or condos. 

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Thanks so much for your response, @Joan2709. It will surely help Maggie better understand her situation.

@Maggie701, please let us know when you’ve had a chance to read this.

Regards,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad