nightly rate adjustment

Annabelle1
Level 5
QC, Philippines

nightly rate adjustment

Hello everyone! Can someone tell me if you have the same issue as me. I am new to this price rate adjustments because my partner and I would like to earn more for this peak season so I change my rate into nightly rate adjustments yet we will not get the money. Why does airbnb collect our adjustment rate instead of us?

Thank you very much for your advise.

Annabelle

32 Replies 32

@747-Naples-Florida-LLC0  Bookings of 30 days or more fall under the long term stay cancellation policy. 

You should read the terms of that policy to understand how it works.

Thank you - but there is nothing in the terms that addresses my specific question 

@747-Naples-Florida-LLC0 so go look at your listing, simulate a booking and find out the answer - It isn't rocket science.

@747-Naples-Florida-LLC0  Then you didn't understand my answer. 

Hosts do not have a choice of offering a non-refundable option or any other cancellation policy of their own choosing on a long term booking. The long term booking policy applies on all bookings over 30 days. 

You are correct, that scenario would equate to a 20% discount. You could opt to have strict vs. moderate policy, only the moderate provides the option with the extra 10% off.

Helen2644
Level 1
Nottingham, United Kingdom

We have just had this problem. It turned out that Air BnB automatically applied a 'New Listing' discount for the first three bookings. I remember seeing this as an option when I created the listing and I opted out of it, clearly Air BnB decided to override this.

Pilar191
Level 2
Arroyo de la Miel, Spain

9 nights room fee €351.00
Show breakdowns
Cleaning fee €59.00
Nightly rate adjustment
-€66.69

Fri, 02/25 (Non-refundable option) -€3.90
Fri, 02/25 (Weekly discount) -€3.51

I asked why am I being charged almost 20%, Support indicated that it was the Non-refundable option.

The NRO has only a 10 percent discount. Why is there a weekly discount. I checked and there is no

values. Support took over an hour to come up with their reply.

My night rate went from €39 to €32 (almost 20%) and now I am being passed to the Special Team.

Guys help me out here.

I think people went a bit off topic here.  The original question was about a "Nightly rate adjustment" which I also don't understand where (and yes, I have tried to read and understand AirBnB's policies, but can't find a mention of this anywhere). 

(There is also a 10% discount (per night!) for the "nonrefundable (cancellation) option".  Get rid of this!  Its a complete rip-off as I've had people cancel and I still didn't get paid.)

On the Nightly rate adjustment I found this on a different web site but can't find anywhere on AirBnB's site that covers what they're saying :

To apply channel rate adjustment

Step 1: Navigate to Channels > Full Integration > Airbnb

Step 2: Click Channel Settings > Nightly Rate Adjustment

Step 3: Enter positive number for percentage rate supplement

OR enter negative number for percentage rate discount

@Marcus33  Non-refundable options are something the host chooses- you get rid of it by changing your cancellation policy.

For instance, if you want a moderate cancellation policy, you have the choice of straight up "moderate" or "moderate or non-refundable". What the latter means is that your guests will be given the option of choosing either the moderate or non-refundable option. 

Airbnb is not applying the non-refundable option, it is something you chose. So change it.

I have changed mine, now on flexible, but still get that hefty 'night adjustment rate' deduction. Does it help if you just turn off smart pricing?

Marcus33
Level 3
Applecross, Australia

Thanks Sarah, I have changed it (before my current booking had booked), but the Nightly Rate Adjustment still appears!  I've gone back in and changed it back to "moderate nonrefundable" and then back again to see if it now registers it.

I am very confused at the "Nightly Rate Adjustment" fees being charged to ME!   If I select the "Strict or Non-refundable" cancellation policy it says guests pay 10% less.

James3064_0-1645976345251.png

Under the "Offer a non-refundable option" instructions...it says I can set the discount.

James3064_1-1645976450439.png

I currently have "Smart Pricing" turned off...so why am I getting some of the guests without any discount taken...and some that are being taken.

James3064_2-1645976582353.png

The amounts are substantial and I want it stopped, so how do I stop it? Why would I give Airbnb 10% of a fee if someone cancels? Makes no sense to me because I don't give them 10% when someone doesn't cancel. For the sake of this sounding greedy...it's because this money is mine and I want to know why its being taken!!

Any pointers or tips are appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

@James3064  You need to go into your cancellation policy setting and turn off the non-refundable option. You need to change it to "Strict", not "Strict or non-refundable".

The latter means that guests are shown the option of choosing your Strict policy or your non-refundable Strict, which gives them a 10% discount. Some of your guests have chosen one and some the other, which is why some have the 10% discount and others don't. 

This isn't Airbnb's doing- it is the cancellation policy you had set for your listing.

I have no idea what you mean about Airbnb giving them 10% off if they cancel.

Hi, this currently happening to me. How did you resolve it from removing the “nightly adjustment” 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@James3064 Presumably some guests are choosing the non-refundable option hence getting a 10% discount and some are not.

If you want to stop this then change your cancellation policy and don't choose one that gives a 10% discount for a non-refundable stay.

I believe this non-refundable discount is stupid because even with this option guests can claim extenuating circumstances and get a full refund anyway!