paused payout

Alfie-and-Sophie0
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

paused payout

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing great, I am Alfie from Montreal.

It is almost a month that Airbnb's paused all my payouts. Now there is 17K CAD in my upcoming payout, and they are not going to tell me why I am faced this problem.

One case manager told me it is because of a security check, the next one told me it is a technical issue, next one....

Long story short, there is no clear answer from Airbnb and I have no idea what to do.

I am thinking of stopping this business because they are not reliable anymore.

If someone had the same problem, I would appreciate it to share with me.

Thank you 

Alfie

11 Replies 11
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Alfie-and-Sophie0 

The status of your payouts can be found on your Transaction Hostory pages.

You mention " paused" (?), did you receive messages about this from Airbnb ?

Also check if you default payout method is (still) setup correctly and verified (If applicable).

If payouts are just pending without any reason, then you need to contact Airbnb: Airbnb Help: contact 

Be sure to choose the right options from the menus and avoid the robots.

Payout issues can take a long time to resolve (by Airbnb Financial Department)

Andrew2468
Level 5
Squamish, Canada

Yes! This is also happening to me! We are owed a lot of money and they will  not tell me why this is happening. We have not been paid since September. We entered the updated information they were asking for then immediately our payments were paused. 

We have been told it has been 'escalated' to the appropriate team and they will contact me. However it has been 6 weeks - no payment, no contact. 

I also don't know what to do......

Andrew2488
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I'm having exactly the same problem, despite having updated my ID and their confirming it's been accepted. Why would they want to hold on to our money like this for no reason?  

@Andrew2488  Have you managed to get yours sorted we are in the same boat, we are owed thousands of pounds got loads of bookings coming up keep getting robbed off by the contact centre and generally really miffed off by the situation!

Victoria1586
Level 2
Hamilton, Australia

Hi, thank you for sharing. In exactly the same position too. 
It feels like a run around and like a set up. 
I had an email to verify my identity despite being an ongoing super host. 
The link took me straight to the part of my profile that says identity verified. 
I called about it, it was established that I am verified and the issue was escalated as I see others have been too. To no avail. Payouts are paused all the while there would appear to be no issue with my account but still cannot resolve. 

Hi Victoria,

I'm currently facing the same issue with the verification, did you find a solution?

Hello Vanquis 

this took a lot of persistence to get resolved. No one thing got it sorted I had to be like a fox terrier with a bone and not let it go 

Hello @Louise1073 @Vanquis0 @Luis-Rodrigo2 @Alfie-and-Sophie0 

@Victoria1586  and others.

Have you had this issue resolved?

And payments owed made?

If so, how was it resolved?

Thanks

Hello Helen, 

This is resolved, through heavy persistence only. 
It took a lot of hounding  to get a resolution, I kept asking to be referred up the chain continuously which did help but it was not an easy path. 

Louise1073
Level 6
San Diego, CA

This is nuts… they haven’t even given a reason for this?

my advice is to start documenting every single call - date, time, who you spoke to, and what information you are given.

You can then outline this in a formal letter (with signed receipt) stating the payments owed, and threaten to take them to court if they don’t pay out by a certain date. Certain countries like the UK have pretty good guidance on how to start legal dispute over unpaid claims, I would check if Canada or your province has similar information available to help guide you.

Luis-Rodrigo2
Level 2
Tulum, Mexico

My Payouts are Paused since September 7th 2022

I talked everyday to airbnb support and offered me to escalate my case, i talked to more than 100 people and no one has been able to help me.

No one has called me back to give a feedback....

So sad..!

Luis Rodrigo Ovalle Cavazos