property use taxes

Answered!
Tracy687
Level 1
Pennington, NJ

property use taxes

I was reviewing the confirmation for a guest and under the "Guest paid", it's showing both a line for "Occupancy taxes" and "Property use taxes".  What is the "Property use tax"?

Top Answer

Issue solved Professional tools were on..not sure how that happened....where extra fees can be added. I never set it up so not sure how it happened. It takes 1-2 day to remove it.

How to do: Go to your account, then to professional tools, manage, then turn off.  Tyra at Airbnb said nothing else on listing should be affected but the future Occupancy tax will not longer be there on future reservations! 

View Top Answer in original post

18 Replies 18

NOT RESOLVED! 

Hi would this stop you from updating your prices?

Catherine3628
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

From what I can gather, the property use tax, at least for me represents whatever local taxes you need to collect based on the requirements in your town or city for collecting taxes for your short term rental.  for example, I live in Ontario and in  Toronto and other cities and towns that allow short term accommodations, there is a municipal accommodation tax that must be collected. It’s usually in the range of 3 to 6%. It’s currently 6% in Toronto.  depending on where you live, Airbnb is able to directly submit that tax to the city or town, once collected from the guest. Where they don’t have that ability, you must submit the tax yourself, and you will see it added to your payout from Airbnb. You then pay out to the city or town you live in, usually on a quarterly basis with a form that captures your earnings for that quarter. 

Hi Catherine,

So do you have the occupancy tax in Toronto? In here Calgary, I saw both Occupancy tax and Property tax appeared from Oct 2024