refund request money for canceled

Angela4124
Level 1
QC, Philippines

refund request money for canceled

I'm a fairly new host and would like to know how to refund the requested money for a canceled booking. I had a guest book for one night, and they had five people coming. I listed in my Airbnb that only four people can stay without an extra fee. My room can accommodate up to five people, so we allowed the extra person for a fee. After confirming their booking, I sent the request for the additional person, and they paid it immediately. However, a day later, they canceled the booking for personal reasons. The cancellation was processed for the room, and they are asking how to get a refund for the requested money we sent. I tried looking for articles that Airbnb provides. I tried looking through the community center but couldn't find anything similar to my situation. Is there any way to refund the requested money that the guest paid through Airbnb after they canceled their booking?

1 Reply 1
Shelley159
Top Contributor
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Angela4124 

The way I understand your question is that the booking has been cancelled and refunded. However, there is now an extra guest fee that still needs to be refunded. I went to a cancelled booking on my own profile and noticed that the "Send or request money" option has disappeared, so I think you're stuck because this obvious solution is no longer an option on a cancelled booking.

Here's what I would do: go to the cancelled reservation and copy the confirmation code. Then go to the Airbnb Help Center and ask that they refund the guest the extra fee, pasting the confirmation code there. I think it should be easily resolved.

It's nice of you to refund the guest in full and I hope you manage to book some of the cancelled nights.