the rollout timeline of Aircover for host

the rollout timeline of Aircover for host

I am interested in the history of Aircover for host program. Was it initially implemented globally or rolled out step by step to reach global coverage? If it is step by step, Could anyone provide me a complete timeline of the rollout of it? Like:

Time 1: which countries are accessible to it

Time 2: which countries are accessible to it

and so on...

2 Replies 2

Hi Zhiwu,

AirCover for Hosts was initially launched globally by Airbnb on November 16, 2021, during its global winter release event. Unlike other programs that are sometimes rolled out gradually, AirCover was made available to all hosts worldwide at the same time, meaning it was accessible in most countries from the outset.

AirCover replaced Airbnb's previous Host Guarantee, offering expanded protections including $1 million in damage protection, $1 million in liability insurance, protection from income loss due to cancellations, and even expanded coverage for things like deep cleaning and pet damage.

Because AirCover for Hosts was globally accessible from its inception, there was no step-by-step timeline for country-specific rollouts. The global availability ensured that hosts from all Airbnb markets could immediately benefit from this enhanced protection program.

Note that you can only file Aircover within 14 days or if your documentations is not enough, still contact with Airbnb so you can file within the 14 days after checkout of the guest.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish Management

Hi Alicia,

Thank you very much for your reply. It is good to know Aircover was initially launched globally. However, I noticed that damage protection and liability insurance are not applicable to Japan and China, which have their own host protection plan. I would like to know if "Aircover for host" program covered these two regions when it was launched in 2021?

For example, "Japan host insurance" is applicable from 31 July 2023 to 31 July 2024. How was the condition in Japan from November 2021 to 31 July 2023? Was "Aircover for host" program or any other host protection program available to Japanese hosts during this period of time?

Thank you so much for your attention and time!

Best wishes,

Zhiwu