upfront costs for renting that include fees and taxes?

Answered!
Bea74
Level 2
Buena Vista, CO

upfront costs for renting that include fees and taxes?

Is it possible to include taxes and fees up front in the total cost of renting so that my future guests will know immediately how much it will totally cost to rent my place?

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bea74 Guests already see all the costs if they switch on the total price slider when searching. In the USA it is apparently not legal in some states to show the total price inclusive of tax. In Europe guests already see the total including all costs and taxes.

You can take on the whole service fee yourself so the guest only sees costs plus taxes by switching on this option (simplified pricing) in your account.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Bea74 Guests already see all the costs if they switch on the total price slider when searching. In the USA it is apparently not legal in some states to show the total price inclusive of tax. In Europe guests already see the total including all costs and taxes.

You can take on the whole service fee yourself so the guest only sees costs plus taxes by switching on this option (simplified pricing) in your account.

Kerrie77
Level 1
Spencerville, OH

Why don't you include your tax rate in your listing?  At least that way guests can calculate the tax.  Of course, you need to preference it with "ESTIMATED."

@Kerrie77I don't really understand your statement. Once people look at the listing in the USA the tax will be shown to them.