1 Service fee > 3%. 2 Cleaning fee wrong. 3 How to deduct deposit if house rule violated

Aaven0
Level 1
Shanghai, China

1 Service fee > 3%. 2 Cleaning fee wrong. 3 How to deduct deposit if house rule violated

New host here! I myself have used Airbnb for a while as a guest and finally became a host. Excited and loving the platform!

However, I have several questions after the 2 hosting experience. The Payout is as follows:

681 x 2 nights¥1361

Cleaning Fees¥98

Airbnb Service Fee(¥46)

Total Payout¥1413

and

690 x 6 nights¥4138

Cleaning Fees¥99

Airbnb Service Fee(¥125)

Total Payout¥4112

My questions are:

Q1: 681 x 2 is 1362, not 1361. And 690 x 6 is 4140, not 4138. Even though it's just a small difference, but this is not what the calculation should be. Why?

Q2: The cleaning fee I set was 100, but here it shows 98 and 99. Why?

Q3: The website says it should be a fixed 3%. But I was charged a service fee of 3.38% and 3.02% of the nightly rate. Why?

Q4: My first group of guests violated the NO SMOKING rule. I already sent a feedback to the platform regarding this. So how do I charge a penalty?

(To summarize the first 3 questions, the payout should be 1421.14 and 4115.8. A difference of 11.94 occurred. Please anyone can explain?)

Thanks!

Aaven

7 Replies 7
Aaven0
Level 1
Shanghai, China

Update: 

For Q4, I found the resolution center. But it doesn't say anything about "violating the house rules", so I still can't request the smoking penalty. The link is here: https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions

@Aaven0

The small discrepancies in calculation has to to with currency exchange.

As for your guests violating your house rules, the only thing you can do is giving them a not so good review explaining the facts in short and give them a thumbs down.   

Thanks Marit for the reply! Yes the currency exchange explanation makes sense.

I am going to assume that the amounts are exchange rate rounding issues.

What sort of documentation did you submit to justify your costs arising from them smoking?

David

Hi David! Thanks for the reply! As I mentioned in the update, I went to the resolution center regarding the smoking issue: https://www.airbnb.com/resolutions
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Have you stated what the penalty is for violating the no smoking policy - if not you will need to tell AirBnB and your guest how you are estimating the additional cleaning costs (I assume it's additional clearning of curtains, rugs, etc..) and within 48 hours

Hi Gerry! Thanks for the reply! It's been more than 48 hours. Before the guests' stay, I didn't state what the penalty is. Fortunately there's no stain or damage to anything. So I gave them a warning in the private message instead of filing an issue in the resolution center. After the incident, I specifically added what the penalty would be if NO SMOKING is violated. No such mercy next time.