1 star review was given but not yet published

Answered!
Amelie14
Level 2
Hong Kong

1 star review was given but not yet published

Hi everyone,

I am rather new to airbnb and yet soon I will become a superhost. Unfortunately, a guest (he is not a guest technically as he booked for his wife and another friend) left me a 1 star review. I have not seen the review yet but would like to resolve the issue, also I doubt if he is qualified to write me an review as he did not stay here. I want to ask airbnb about this, can someone suggest me what to do? For me it is not proper for a third person (the one who reserved the room) to write an reivew for the people who actually stayed because it is not his personal experience.

I have no idea why he gave me such a bad review, the question is what can I do to resolve the issue or ask airbnb to screen the review for me before it goes public. I am worried that it will affect me becoming a superhost and affecting my future bookings, please kindly help, or give me advice, many thanks.

1 Best Answer
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A few pointers...

First: third party bookings are not allowed under AirBnB policy - people should have their own acccounts when booking as you are not protected by AirBnB.

Second: only someone who stays can leave a review. So contact AirBnB and ask them to remove it when it is published.

Finally - how do you know they have left you a 1 star review? You don't get to see a review until it is published (ie when both reviews are submitted, or after 14 days if only one party leaves a review)

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A few pointers...

First: third party bookings are not allowed under AirBnB policy - people should have their own acccounts when booking as you are not protected by AirBnB.

Second: only someone who stays can leave a review. So contact AirBnB and ask them to remove it when it is published.

Finally - how do you know they have left you a 1 star review? You don't get to see a review until it is published (ie when both reviews are submitted, or after 14 days if only one party leaves a review)

Thank you for your reply, I will ask airbnb to remove the review for me.

I just looked at the stats, and I saw a new "1 star" review that I never had before.

Many thanks for your suggestions and comment.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I could not see a negative review.

David

The issue has been resolved, thank you.  

Jo25
Level 2
Alexandria, VA

The same thing happened to me: a few weeks ago I had a horrible guest (first timer) who decided to break the rules, and treat my place as if it was a pigspen, I complained with Airbnb and decided to give him a second chance just to end up even worse as it started.  I always go inside to replenish coffee and water and when I saw the filth around I called Airbnb and they asked me for pictures.  I sent them and when the guest was confronted he said I had broken privacy rules and checked out.  Airbnb refund him the money and he gave me 1 star.  I have done everything I can but nothing has been done.