1 star review with no reason - can it be deleted by Airbnb?

Eugenia17
Level 1
Kiev, Ukraine

1 star review with no reason - can it be deleted by Airbnb?

Hello everyone,

Currently I have a superhost status. However, the guest who stayed 1 day in the apartment left me 1 star review with no reasonable reason, - and my overall rating dropped to 4.6, that means I'm going to loose my superhost status because of 1 guest among 30+ guests I had during the year. 

Do you think Airbnb support can cancel this review? 

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Eugenia17  No, it won't be removed unless you can find some way in which it violates the Airbnb review policies.

It's entirely possible that the guest actually intended to leave 5*s and got confused or accidentally hit the wrong button. That has happened to other hosts. You can message the guest and ask why he only rated 1*, was there something wrong? 

If the guest says it was an error, explain to them that it will cause you to lose your Superhost status and has tanked your rating and would they please call Airbnb, explain, and ask that their review and rating be removed.

Ratings and reviews won't be altered, even if the reviewer says it was an error, but users, either hosts ir guests, can request that their own review be removed.

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Eugenia17 While 1 star is extremely harsh, you say they gave no ‘reasonable reason’, but they did leave a lot of complaints in the review. 

@Colleen253  One of the complaints that guest had, as well as another, was lack of AC. But the host doesn't offer AC as an amenity. And the other complaints that guest had are hardly deserving of a 1* review.

@Sarah977 As I said, 1 star is harsh, but (invalid complaint re air conditioning aside), they are complaints. I assume they are valid to the guest, who figured they warranted 1 star. Unless it was a retaliatory review of lies, what are you going to do, except act on them to improve the accommodation? That would make the most sense. The review won’t be removed, as it doesn’t violate the review guidelines.  @Eugenia17  

ps @Eugenia17 You could at least try to have it removed, on the basis of being somewhat irrelevant due to the comment about air con. Also, the recommendation for Reno’s is pretty irrelevant. But a missing window is a safety issue you should remedy immediately.