10% discount

John498
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

10% discount

Do contributors here use this? It doesn't seem to generate much interest in my experience but might improve ranking on searches. Do guests have to book the whole period if the 10% is mentioned as between 18th Mar to 24th March for example? It says it is sent to select clients but I would love to know what criteria they use to choose these.

I also wonder if they target days when demand is low or is it just a gimmick without real value.

42 Replies 42

Hi @Sean113, you cannot create a 10% discount offer, you need to wait for Airbnb to send it to you.

Regards!!!!!

Jorge314
Level 2
Miami, FL

Why does my settings give an automatic 10% discount for 3-6 night stays when I have no discounts set? it says from september 30 to november 29....is this something that Airbnb does automatically? 

Hi @Jorge314 this is a new feature that Airbnb put in practice recently. I think you have to accept this offer in order to be active, but you can turn it off from the Calendar if you want. I hope this help!!!

Regards 

Wow, so then i would have to adjust my prices because it drives them down. Hum...thanks

Ustedes estan en cuba? Como funciona el negocio alla? Es cierto que el gobierno cobra un tax fijo?

Eve130
Level 2
Woodbridge, United Kingdom

Hi Maria, How do I get Airbnb to send me an offer of discount for booking made for February?

eve 

Tomas57
Level 2
Kaunas, Lithuania

Hello all,

do discounts add up? For example I accept the recomended -10% and also have another offer for -25% and these offers overlap for a couple of days. Does that mean that a cutomer received  -35% for the overlaping days?

Hello @Tomas57, yes the discount add up, in your case you will have a 35% off. I used to have a 10% of discount for books of a week and then I add this 10% discount. I checked my listing as incognito and when I tried to rent a week in these dates I got a 20% of discount. So, in that case I turn off the offer for the week.

Hope this help.

Have a great weekend!!!

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

I seen it before Host have 10% off withe the little tag but the price is still to high guest is looking for good price for there family those who have the money don't mine speanding. Now for those who save there monney all ready book for a good price time is hard is not like it use to be a dollar went a long way

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Before I switch to IB, I got a few of these price suggestions to discount particular dates and tried it a few times. Only once did the dates get booked but it turned out the guest had no idea he was getting a discounted rate. He certainly did not receive a message about it. However, I did get the booking via the discount as I would not have shown up in his search otherwise as his budget was below my normal prices.

Since switching to IB, my calendar is filling up fast, so I don't get these suggestions anymore.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Be careful when you offer "discounts/ special offers" as they are added together, something that we all need to be alert to.

It's not cost effective to give discounts that are on top of another discount.

A question, why suggest hosts give a discount when there's an increase in the number of people looking & when there's lots of local events on where people will be attending & need accommodation?

It is unsound fiscal advise, it's when one makes one's bread & butter & illogical to offer discounts when demand is high.

It would be helpful if Abnb encouraged inactive and deceased members listings to be deactivated so both Guests & Hosts have maximum potential & results.

Lewis19
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

I used it once and it worked (at least my place got booked). I see other hosts have had problems setting up the discount – I had the same problem initially. I could not do it when clicking through from the Airbnb email on my iPhone or iPad, but it worked like a charm from my Mac. I suggest trying a desktop computer.  It seems like Airbnb suffers some cross-platform compatibility problems.

Eve130
Level 2
Woodbridge, United Kingdom

Hi there, how do I offer 10% discount for bookings taken in February?