10% discount

Katherine99
Level 1
Massachusetts, United States

10% discount

Hello Airbnb,

How do I set a 10% discount for 2 days I have  open in a week.  For example I have 2 days not rented next week that I would put a 10% discount on in order to get those last 2 days booked.  In the past Airbnb would send me a message asking if I wanted to set a discount for my upcoming open days but they haven't done that yet. 

Thanks for your feedback.

Katherine

11 Replies 11
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Katherine99

Best option is just to reduce the price on your calendar for those two nights - you can't customise discounts in the way you wish on the AirBnB platform.

D7
Level 2
Sunnyvale, CA

@Katherine99 I got a similar email from AirBnb, advising me to set a 0% discount. But clicking on the button only took me to the pricing page, with no way to specific discount. I can either reduce the price manually, or set weekly/monthly discounts.

Katherine, thanks for the tip, but I am not sure you're right. What I mean, if I do it manually, I suppose I won't get all the benefits from that email AirBnB sent. Sometimes new optiuons work in the App, but not this time I'm affraid... I hate when they introduce something and it doesn't work good 😞

I have phoned Airbnb about this issue and got dropped the first time after explaining the problem. When I got through again I was put on hold for a long time and then told to manually set  the price. I was told there is no way to get special offer emails to browsing guests. Basically this feature doesn't work and they will refer to the technical team. Perhaps some testing before sending an email to hosts would have been a good idea????

M-L0
Level 2
Wells, VT

Plus you can't really advertise a 10% for specific days when you have Airbnb's "Smart Pricing," for which you have to specify the  lowest and highest rates you will accept.  Airbnbn should really not send that 10% discount notice to hosts who have "Smart Pricing."

Litsa1
Level 1
Chania, Greece

I ask the same.Please let me know what to do
Bron0
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

i want to find out how to do this too. just recieved the email from airbnb but the page just says "sorry it doesn't work" when i click through 😕

Did anyone get an answer to this question? Last week I received an offer from Airbnb to offer 10% off this weeks price. I offered it and did get guest to book. Now next week I have 4 days open and want to offer another 10% but I am not sure where to go to add it since the one before came directly from Airbnb. Is Airbnb the only one that can offer it?

Phuong22
Level 2
Crawley, Australia

Hi all,

I remembered airbnb did have the flash deal button but now I could not find it. Can anyone help ? 

Thanks.

Mauro272
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hello,

To me it comes as a tip from Airbnb, either I accept it or not. But so far I haven't found a way to do it myself.

When I accept the tip I even get an email telling me that potential guests (people who have been looking for a place recently in my area) were sent an email with my special offer 12% off.

It is definitely a much better option than just lower the price. 

If I lower the price no one is actively warned that they may get a better deal.

Wonder why Airbnb doesn't come up with an answer....

Mark914
Level 2
Hope Island, Australia

I too would like to be able to set a discount for multiple days.  I have already set prices for whole weeks and months, but I want to set a discount for Monday to Thursday bookings, preferably by saying 10% for 2 days, 15% for 3 days, etc.  This would be perfect.  Thanks in advance Airbnb.