$10/night difference in pricing shown to guests

Sabina36
Level 3
Bali, Indonesia

$10/night difference in pricing shown to guests

I've set my prices, but Airbnb is showing each night to be $10 more/night than my set price. 

No, I do not have any special prices on days, etc. 

Is Airbnb also skimming off the top?

6 Replies 6

@Sabina36

Plsase look up "service fees" in help. Both the host and guest pay service fees to Airbnb so what you set as your nightly rate is not what the guest pays nor what you will actually get paid.

Further to that and I'm glad Sabina brought it up.

I have noticed in my searching as a guest some listings have two different prices depending whic area I search.

Eveything about the listintg is the same except the price.

Could one be old and not deleted?

I could be more specific but don't think I should be.

Lana38
Level 1
Geneva, Switzerland

I have a set price on AirBnb and  it shows on my calendar etc, but when I get reservation the pricing they are showing per night is NOT the same as I priced and the cleaning fee is NOT added either so I'm not gettt ing the cleaning fee nor my price I  Understand SAirbnb takes it service fee first but this is not including that part  their addition need some scrutiny!

Maj0
Level 2
Napa, CA

as a host i set my nightly price at $100  but the guest shows that it is $87 ... what is going on here ?   my calendar shows $100 ...is this a glitch in your website software ?  thanks 

Thomas446
Level 1
Eugene, OR

I had something in a similar vein happen this morning. We have two Airbnb accounts. We are hosts and up until today I have always booked our trips through that account.  This morning, after researching through my own account, (through which I have never booked) I started to book a room through our older account and found the same property listed for $13.00 more per night than the price that was listed on my account. I ended up booking through my account but it certainly made me wonder about the price difference in the listing.

Thoughts, anyone?

Julia401
Level 2
Bardon, Australia

This morning I found an apartment that I like and happy to pay the total price as shown on my computer screen. I've been out and about all morning/afternoon so I didn't make the booking right away. In the evening (same day) I went back to AIRBNB site to complete the booking and saw the total price has changed to $14 more than the price I saw in the morning. My understanding if the guests have been given a time frame to book the place, the price should remain the same until the end of the time frame. Not a huge money, but is annoying! Not to mention, we can't contact AIRBNB, guests paying significant service fee to AIRBNB, but no help.