120$ apartment for 14$?

120$ apartment for 14$?

Im not new in hosting business but Airbnb is like "alien" online reservation web page.

Mostly I have rent my apartment for 100-120$ for 1 night, but Airbnb offers me to do it only for 14$ per night and thats why my property is on  "least appearance mode"... thats insane...

Does anyone have explanation for such issue?

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Alex562 Airbnb's algorithm for smart prices is based on the number of other properties available in the area and number of bookings for a particular period of time. It's low season coming... You can set your own minimum price if you don't like that $18 suggestion.

But a quick search for accommodation for 2 in your home town on another popular website, sorted by price gives me this:

Georgia.jpg

So you have to face competition.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4 that you for reply.

I understand what are u talking about, but my apartment is in very prestigious living blocks, 24 hs security, cameras everywhere, closed yeard, children playground, privat underground parking, 3 balcony and etc...

I also understand that its coming low season but even on summer I had only 3 reservation with 40-50% of real price.

I see from where u took that picture and have in mind that my apartment is in city center and counted on 7 person, also 2 days ago from that website I received 10 days reservation for 90$ each night

@Alex562 Yes, that is what I meant. Sometimes/often bookers from airbnb are lower end looking for bargains. And smart pricing may be tricky - many hosts are negative about it because the algorithm is unrealistic.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Farah1
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Alex562 sometimes the price suggestion is ridiculous. I just ignore it.

@Farah1 @Helen3 I really want to ignore it, but I will lost viewers what I have now 0-5 and result will be same - 0 guest.

I cant even gain raiting because of this. Is there any way to contact to administration about this issue?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Alex562 just turn smart pricing off and set prices that work for you.