17 listings suspended, no word from airbnb in 6 days on why or when the listings will be working againg

17 listings suspended, no word from airbnb in 6 days on why or when the listings will be working againg

I'm a property manager and have been with airbnb for several years. 6 days ago my 17 listings were suddenly and without warning suspended. I have since tried to get an explanation from airbnb on what the problem is and when my listings will be working again. The only thing I can get our of the support team is that a dedicated team is working on the issue. Very disappointed that airbnb can't be straight on what has happened. The problem must lay with airbnb as I only have very good reviews and not aware of anything that might have been wrong.

Has anyone had similar issues lately

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you look on this group you will see many complaints on this subject 

my best guess is you have had a guest raise a safety complaint.

Have you had any problem guests lately @Martine596 

No that's the thing. I have only had really happy guests and no problem with any of them. Twice when I phoned airbnb the support person said "Oh I see you have a privacy violation issue" and it seems that my account was violated. So I'm wondering if there has been an hacking attempt or anything like this on airbnb and that's why they don't want to say what the problem is.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Okay then it's as I said you have had a guest complaint re a privacy violation.

this is when a guest complains you have violated their privacy - do you have cctv? Have you had to speak to guests about partying ? 

i see a number of your listing have got some quite poor ratings so maybe it's  related to one of these stays???

We had a bunch of extremely high maintenance guests in 2 new properties last summer that's where the bad reviews came from. None of the properties have cctv or anything like that and all guests have left very good reviews for the last 6 months. Most of the time I don't even meet the guests as there is self check-in in all the properties so there is no way any guest might have felt that their privacy was violated. 

@Martine596 

Most of the time, when guest complain of privacy issue to AirBNB, they do not informed the host, with the fear of getting bad review from the host.

therefore, you probably would not know about it

Annie

Most guests I don't even meet as there is self check-in. So I really don't know how there would be a privacy violation. I think it's the other way around that my account was somehow violated. I had a very odd message a few days ago in the "next steps for you" section on one of the properties. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of it and it disappeared. It said something like this: "Vitruvian is taking over all rental properties in this area and then lots of numbers and symbols".  I find this very worrying. 

Has your issue been resolved?. My 4 properties have also been unlisted since past more than 10 days. I have been calling them and texting them, no response from their side. 

Just dont know what to do as these people dont tell the reason.