2 listings of same property

Answered!

2 listings of same property

For my house I target 2 client groups: tourists and parties looking for quarantaine.

Can I have 2 listings with different description but same price etc?

1 Best Answer
Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Samen2 

Yes you can, it's an easy procedure. Go to your existing listing(s) and there will be a a link to "Duplicate Listing" it will then ask if you want to duplicate photos as well. After that, edit the listing as appropriate and *REMEMBER* to link their calendars so that you don't get double bookings.

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Samen2 

Yes you can, it's an easy procedure. Go to your existing listing(s) and there will be a a link to "Duplicate Listing" it will then ask if you want to duplicate photos as well. After that, edit the listing as appropriate and *REMEMBER* to link their calendars so that you don't get double bookings.

I didn’t mean it wasn’t possible @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 I mean’t you can’t duplicate a listing because it would be foolhardy to do so because you would risk getting double bookings for the same dates!!!!!

There is no reason you can’t appeal to multiple groups in the listing copy. @Samen2 

@Helen3 @Samen2 it's quite possible to link the calendars to avoid double-booking.

However, I agree with @Mike-And-Jane0 you can't have a 72-hour buffer on one and not the other. That would be misleading, at best.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings

Hallo Ian and Anne,

so it is allowed bij AirBnB and is even facilitated with a "Duplicate Listing" functionality.

Thanks for the info.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Samen2 There is a downside of two listings namely that if the views are split equally between the listings then they will probably appear further down the search listings than a single listing would. Also its likely people searching may well see both which will presumably negate your desire to hide the quarantine listing from the tourists.

Mike and Jane,

thanks for your observation; now in Arnhem there are not many full house listings, so the list will be short. But yes, tourist will also see the quarantaine listing; no way to avoid that, I reckon.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Hi again @Samen2 I've just looked at your two listings and it confirms my suspicions that you may lose out by doing this. One listing says 72 hours between stays for cleaning the other doesn't. Not really sure how this works as the calendar will be the same for both listings.

Mike and Jane,

correct, the quarantaine listing stipulates 72 hours between reservations,  to reduce the risk of contamination.

And the tourist listing does not.

So the calendar will be different.

regards

Henk

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Samen2  I don't understand. You are under the impression you don't have to reduce the risk of contamination with tourists? Any tourist could be infected with the virus.

Hallo Sarah,

thanks for your observation.

The difference between the two groups, i am targeting is based upon the following:

when I get guests who come over to stay two weeks in quarantaine, they are staying i side and don't have contact with anybody. They are are waiting to see whether they are contaminated with Covid19.

When I get tourist as guests, they go out every day and meet a lot of people. They can get contaminated, but the change that that is because of my house, is much lower.

regards

Henk

@Samen2  There's no difference between the risk of someone infecting your house if they are in quarantine waiting to see if they develop symptoms or a tourist staying. In fact, the risk is far greater with tourists who are going out and about than with someone who is quarantining for 14 days. And anyone can have the virus and spread it even if they are completely asymptomatic.

I still don't understand your thinking. The house needs to be sterilized between guests regardless.

Hi. I have somehow managed to add a 2nd listing which I do not need.  Is there a way of removing it

Hi .  Thank you for getting back to me.  How do I snooze one of them