2 step verification? 4 or 6 digits?

Answered!
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

2 step verification? 4 or 6 digits?

Has anybody noticed that with the 2-step # verification to login to the Airbnb site,  that in the last week sometimes it's 4 digits and at other times it's 6 digits?  Has anyone else noticed this?

Just wondering if another change is happening in the background?

1 Best Answer
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

oh no @M199 Not more digits to write, aren't you over all this 2 plus step process?
Some days it takes me 4-6 attempts to find and get through Fire Hydrants and Traffic lights!!

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

oh no @M199 Not more digits to write, aren't you over all this 2 plus step process?
Some days it takes me 4-6 attempts to find and get through Fire Hydrants and Traffic lights!!

M199
Level 10

@Helen427 

Totally agree. 😟 Started counting fire hydrant, traffic lights, crosswalks, buses, cars.  15 attempts at the highest count on 1 sign in attempt. And then grainy pictures on a cell phone.   What a pain!

@M199  They aren't just grainy on a cell phone- same thing on my laptop. Some are so grainy I can't even tell what they're depicting. And then there's the ones that have a teensy corner of the traffic light in one square and if your eyes are good enough to see that and you check it, you get "Try again" 🙂

M199
Level 10

@Sarah977, @Helen427 

Maybe we are all over 18 and need new glasses?  I know I do!

Do you also click/check partial pictures?  For example, 1/10th of a corner of a light?  Makes me feel like an idiot to try and figure that out!

@M199  That's what I meant about the teensy corner of a traffic light. I see really well close-up ( unusual for someone my age) so it's not a matter of not seeing it. If I check it, sometimes it says try again, if I don't check it, it also sometimes says try again. 

When is a teensy corner not a teensy corner?  🙂

Chico2
Level 2
Portland, OR

I feel the same way, Airbnb needs to provide a way to shut this off

Hi, I wanted to set up the payouts and it asked me to do 2 step of verification. Only, when it asked me to make 6 digit pin, it always said that the pin is invalid. Strange that they asked me to make one but kept saying its invalid. It then said I needed to refresh the page, but nothing significant happened.

For this kind of problem, where should I ask? Cannot find any CS info on airbnb.