2 things... why no photographers OR experiences in Atlanta Ga?!

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

2 things... why no photographers OR experiences in Atlanta Ga?!

Atlanta is HUGE! There's 1000's of airbnb's in this area yet there's not a single airbnb photographer? Really? I can't get an airbnb photographer in Atlanta? That's crazy. 

And, why can't airbnb hosts in this area offer an "experience"? I put in 6 months ago my desire to offer an arcade experience but for some odd reason Atlanta isn't on the list... yet? Why do hosts who want to offer an expereince have to be in a certain handpicked geographical location anyway? It should go by the experience itself, not the area the host lives in. 

9 Replies 9
Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

nobody from airbnb can take a minute and answer?

anyone?

@Donald28 Airbnb staff does not oversee this forum. Mostly just other hosts, some random guests, and some moderators to keep the peace. 

Michael-A0
Level 2
East Point, GA

Anyone luck with the photographer?

well it seems that airbnb now thinks I need a photographer because I got a message saying that from them. It is no longer free for hosts like it used to be (surprise surprise) and there are now paid photographers in my area (surprise surprise) when there supposedly weren't when it was "free". For $111 (taken from my airbnb fees) I have hired the photographer that airbnb has hooked me up with. We will see if the photos are better than my cell phone pics. I am really surprised that anyone would take pics for just $111 but that was the price airbnb said it would be. I wonder if they are paying the professional more money or if the $111 is all they get?  

@Donald28 - hey! Have you noticed an increase in guests with your professional photos? 

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

Hi no. The one airbnb photographer that is in the atlanta area isn't a professional at all. I got a refund after seeing how horrible his pics were. I am still using my own cell phone pics. 

@Donald28  I recall another host sometime earlier this year saying the same- the "professional" photographer took horrible photos of her place that there was no way she'd use.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I don't really understand why you waited so long for an Airbnb photographer. There must be hundreds of freelance photographers in your area with experience of interiors.

Why don't you use one of those? You can brief them regarding your requirements and ask for shared copyright so unlike Airbnb photography you can use it for your own marketing purposes.

Much better value for you and you can offset the cost against your taxes.

My photos were done by an Airbnb photographer for free and I think he did a great job, but I know others report mixed experiences.