2021 What is going on with our Superhost Status

Answered!
Denise1112
Level 2
Rowlett, TX

2021 What is going on with our Superhost Status

57 stays, 50 reviews, 100% communication, and NO cancellations by me in 1 year --and  I lost my Superhost status because of one guest who after staying was vendictive and falsified so many things!!!

Why in the world would you, AIRBNB, punish me especially when I have documented conversations with reps telling me well do you want to cancel her, and I did not and now look.

I feel completely really upset and now see by reading some of yalls comments, I'm not the only one.

PLEASE management review your reasoning behind some of us and please reconsider especially with Covid being at its absolute highest this past 6 weeks.  If the reps took the time to review some of the guest discussions with us on your platform, you WOULD SEE WHY it's not fare to allow such vendictive guests to get away with these comments ESPECIALLY WHEN MY OTHER GUESTS consider me in high regard. I have busted my tail with over 50 stays and this is how you support me by removing my Superhost Status??!!!

This IS VERY VERY UNFAIR AND ONESIDED!!!

1 Best Answer

@Denise1112 

Airbnb does not punish you especially.
It is the system rating.
1 bad apple is enough to drop your rate and make you loose the status.

It happens to any hosts because, soon or late, a bad apple rings at your door and whatever you do, it does not work because it is an impolite guest at best and a disaster at worst.

This is why you should not bother about the status.

Mine come and go following the quality of the travellers (not following the place and my work which don't vary).

Your reviews are brillant. It is the most important thing.

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6

@Denise1112 

Airbnb does not punish you especially.
It is the system rating.
1 bad apple is enough to drop your rate and make you loose the status.

It happens to any hosts because, soon or late, a bad apple rings at your door and whatever you do, it does not work because it is an impolite guest at best and a disaster at worst.

This is why you should not bother about the status.

Mine come and go following the quality of the travellers (not following the place and my work which don't vary).

Your reviews are brillant. It is the most important thing.

I had my superhost status removed after a lengthy protracted dispute with a guest and then with Airbnb.. it was eventually resolved but after two years Airbnb have still not reinstated me after consistent 5 star reviews and 1 bad review from a guest (who failed to pick up a phone when getting lost.)  I often wonder whether it is worth getting upset about as Airbnb work entirely on algorithms rather than rationale.  You can't speak to anyone.   It's probably not worth worrying about.. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Denise1112 More worrying for your future potential guests is that where you have replied to star ratings or private comments. This just advertises the fact that some people (rightly or wrongly) re unhappy with aspects of their stay.

I am in the exact situation where a really vindictive guest who had 2 concurrent review to write made each as nasty as he could . I had disagreed with an unreasonable request from him , even more annoying was that my candid review of him was considered to violate air bnb rules but his allegations that I don’t own my property which are untrue and irrelevant were considered okay and now form part of the reviews seen by other travellers with this untruth . I reported this and the review would be taken down and then was put back again ! Seems like after 91% positive reviews I won’t make superhost status for another year given how long this takes to cycle out , extremely unfair ! 

Andrea220
Level 3
Jackson, MS

This happened to me today. Hosts who haven't hosted in 1.5-2 years have been able to keep status because they have no new reviews. I'm busting my butt every day and because I have so few reviews from the last year, a couple four star reviews and one retaliatory one star review and my superhost status I've had since 2014 is gone.

Good point @Andrea220. I'm sorry to hear that.