4 stars for value and location but I am maintaining my 5 star status on my listing. How?

Rob-And-Kim0
Level 2
Millrift, PA

4 stars for value and location but I am maintaining my 5 star status on my listing. How?

Would someone please explain how the review system works?  I have always maintained 5 stars in all categories except for my recent guests who left 4 stars for value and location. I just went to my listing and it still has me rated at 5 stars in all categories and overall. I thought it would have dropped. I am a bit confused. 

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rob-And-Kim0  I think there is a lag of a few hours for the stats to register. But if you have tons of 5*reviews, those couple of ratings may not be enough to bring your score down.

And none of the individual ratings affect your Overall score at all. The Overall rating isn't an average of the category stars- it's a completely separate rating the guests are given to star.

And luckily, Location and Value are the categories that Airbnb doesn't hold against you at all, supposedly. If you had consistently low cleanliness, accuracy, or communication ratings, you'd get warning messages from Airbnb, but I don't think they do that for location or value.