$50 credit for business

Rebecca92
Level 1
Maryland, United States

$50 credit for business

The Airbnb site encourages us to enter our business email to get a $50 credit for our first business trip, but it does not say how to get the credit. The Airbnb help pages are not helpful at all.  How is this done???

10 Replies 10
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Rebecca92 Airbnb for business is intended for companies to book for their employees.  It doesn't work for the individual travellling for business.  When a company signs up for Business Travel, a Travel Manager sets up an account and the employees have to have an email for that business, i.e. joebrown@xyzcorp.com.  The company Travel Manager books the reservation on behalf of the employee.

www.airbnb.com/help/article/1108/i-m-a-travel-manager--how-do-i-get-started-with-airbnb-for-business

www.airbnb.com/help/article/1167/airbnb-for-business---50-promotion

Hope this helps!  Clare

Thats not at all what whas shown to me when I signed up. Your $50 advertising campaign was not just misleading, it completly misepresented the facts. It even gave me options to sign up for my business account then funneled me right into a sale without ever disclosing that my transaction would not be valid because it was not booked through a manager. After the business signup process, when I was funneled by your site into the sale, there were now aditional options in the checkout which were not there prior to the business registration process you sent me through. These options were to explicitly book a business trip instead of a personal trip, and included confirmations to my busines email address:

Verify Work Email

Hi Airbnb,

I experienced the same issue - I wasn't able to obtain my coupon. How do I get access to that?

Lockwood0
Level 1
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Definitely a misleading (bogus) promo. I am a business owner and signed up for business travel after seeing the $50 credit ad. But after wasting time searching I now see that this credit is not available unless one is a corporate travel manager.

Vivien14
Level 1
Houston, TX

I agree the way Airbnb portrays it is misleading and unhelpful. I did not receive a coupon code either.

Pamela233
Level 1
Overland Park, KS

Also sent in my email based on this misleading ad. Disappointed that Airbnb is using shady tactics to get work emails. I might have signed the company up had I known that was the requirement, but at this point I am inclined to think they aren't the kind of business I want to put my confidence in. Very unfortunate this is the approach they have decided to take. Insulting your customer's intelligence is a very bad business policy.

Ronald65
Level 1
Dallas, TX

Terrible policy. I have a business, put in my email, but faced the same problem. Ended up booking as a regular individual. Sad!

Tingting2
Level 1
Ben Lomond, CA

Did anyone get the $50 credit? I did the same thing and took a trip. I still get don't forget to use your $50 credit email but How can I use it?? It's now showing under my account.

Hi, you can find it in Credits&Coupons on the Airbnb App.

Salem6
Level 1
Tunisia

is the offer still available as it is no more promoted by airbnb as seen by me. thanks