6 young people for weekend

6 young people for weekend

I just got an instant booking tonight  from a young woman 25. She said she had a group of friends coming for the st Patrick’s weekend to Atlanta from NC. I asked for a list of ages and names. The ages: 21, 21, 22,24,25.  I looked them all up on face book and I  saw a few things that made me go ERrrrrrrrrr. A few of the boys used words like “**bleep**got and **bleep**” on there Facebook pages. I am not wanting any crazy parties or things to get out of control. I do have it stated that I don’t allow parties but that hasn’t deterred people before . The police have come and neighbor’s have complained before.  I wish that Airbnb had insurance option like vrbo has! Any thought or ideas I don’t have time for trouble or for costly repairs but I do want to rent my place.

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You are a savvy host, @James744, so if your gut feeling is that these guests will not respect your property, then don't accept the request.  Insurance of any kind will not really help you if the place is trashed.   Yes, you might get some claim paid, the hassle and the loss of income if you cannot be open to other guests is not worth it.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Yes, @James744, this doesn't sound like a great potential scenario. And you could also let airbnb know that one of the reasons you are declining is that one of the guests has social media posts which are discriminatory and profane.

Kiley5
Level 2
Buford, GA

That is such a great idea. I might borrow that one James.