780$ cleaning fee!?!!?

Phoebe112
Level 1
Brisbane, Australia

780$ cleaning fee!?!!?

Recently 12 of my friends and I stayed in an Airbnb. We paid 2800$ for 3 nights which inlcuded a 300$ service fee. Before we left, we took all of our rubbish and mopped and vaccumed all the floors. Our host is charging us a 780$ cleaning fee and claiming that she needs to get every room professionally cleaned because we spilt alcohol on the carpets in the rooms (which is untrue we never drank in the rooms). She inlcuded photos of towels and sheets that were a bit dirty and is claiming we need to pay for it? Does the service fee not include basic cleaning of the house and linen? She included photos of every nitty gritty detail like dirt on outside chairs that she specifically told us to use in the grass and the drying rack in the kitchen that we left a bit dirty? Are we right is 780$ ridiculous? We don’t understand what the 300$ we paid is meant to cover then if she is trying to make us pay for more cleaners. We did not break anything or make anything dirty beyond fixing.

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Phoebe112  you said: ....We paid 2800$ for 3 nights which included a 300$ service fee. ...

Service fee is Airbnb fee, it goes to Airbnb, not to host.

For the rest, I can't tell without seeing