8 wasted superhost $100 travel vouchers. Why can't superhosts bank them?!

Answered!
Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

8 wasted superhost $100 travel vouchers. Why can't superhosts bank them?!

I have been a superhost for 8 quarters. Each time I have been awarded a $100 travel voucher to use on airbnb when I travel. I very rarely travel so every single one of my $100 vouchers have expired, unused. 

I really think this is wrong. Airbnb should allow superhosts to bank these $100 vouchers indefintaley. How would that hurt them to let me keep my superhost reward from quarter to quarter until I am ready to travel? 

$100 is maybe 1 night. Why can't I bank 8 vouchers and have a week long vacation stay? I earned them. They're mine. Right?

1 Best Answer
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Donald28

I told Airbnb to get stuffed with their money generating voucher for themselfs and get the Airbnb system basic's right like a proper deposit for example.

Airbnb are only making fools of us hosts with this crap.

View Best Answer in original post

28 Replies 28
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Donald28 I don't think this is right... I've earned SH 9 quarters, only ever received travel $ after 4 consecutive, so after 4, 8, 12, 16, etc

And if you had a SH gap at say 3 or 7 or 11, then the 4 consecutive clock would start over again

@Kelly149 I think @Donald28 thinks he gets a 100 dollar coupon every 3rd month when we are rated. But it is only once a year if we have 4 quarters in a row. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I can't agree with you @Donald28

Why not use the reward as an opportunity to explore a local area  and travel a little more putting your vouchers towards the cost of a weekend stay.

I have visited two places within an hours drive plus other European cities in Spain, France and Italy.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Donald28 I've only had one voucher after 7 quarters.

I do think it would be a good idea if we could give them away if not being used.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

That sounds right. You get one a year.

Hi Helen, I’ve been superhost for at least 3 years but only ever been notified once about a voucher. Where does the credit show on your Airbnb account ? Regards Judy

Hi @Judy412 🙂

You will be able to find your voucher this way : Go to your dashboard then press *Progrees* then *Opportunities* then press the superhost box. Just under *Superhost* you will see a green link it will take you to the voucher. It looks like this :

Screenshot 2019-01-16 at 13.21.17.png

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Donald28

I agree it would be great if we could keep it and spend a few vouchers at once when it suites us.

The last one I spent at the last moment in October, my friend and I were lucky to have really wonderful weather for those 2 days. 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Donald28 sure that would be nice. Also, why don't they give us $200 every time? That would be nice too. 🙂

As with all coupons, etc., the company's goal is to make you feel good with as little actual cost to it as possible. If you know the coupon will expire soon, maybe you will use it to cover part of a trip you wouldn't otherwise have made-- and Airbnb will still make money off of you! But if you save it up for a trip you would have made anyway, and they have to provide your entire accommodation for free, that's a real cost.

Brian Chesky is not your grandma.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Like long service leave, I do wish this was possible!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Donald28  I've never had the opportunity to use mine either. I imagine Airbnb loves it when we don't use them 🙂

It would be a nice gesture, though, if we could transfer them to someone else's account.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

The bottom line @Donald28@Sarah977@Sandra856, &  @Lisa723 - I’m just happy to get one, and I’ll make any excuse to use it! Like other gift vouchers, there is usually and expiry date... so while both host preferences and thoughts are true, I’m not about to knock a gift horse in the mouth! Lol...

I believe they allow you to use it for professional photography of your property, but perhaps not in your neck of the woods.

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Sarah977 @Cathie19  @Donna240  @Helen3  @Donald28  You might also be able to use it for an airbnb experience in your local area, ( by the way can the $100.00 superhosts travel vouchers be used for airbnb experiences? ) Any thoughts?

Rubén