9 hours blocked from my calendar waiting for the guest to update his payment details,

Uğur7
Level 1
Çeşme, Turkey

9 hours blocked from my calendar waiting for the guest to update his payment details,

i had a similar problem last week,some guest sent me a reservation offer and i accepted,then i saw that the system is waiting for the payment and my dates were blocked for 24 hours,and at the 23rd hour,the guest withdrew his offer and sent it again..i accepted that offer too,thinking there was a problem with his credit card and now it is fixed..but again the same thing,another 24 hours blocked from my calendar waiting for the guest to update his payment details,credit card info i mean

i contacted airbnb and explain the situation and they kindly cancelled this guests' reservation and opened my dates back

today similar thing happening,i am expecting from the guest to withdraw the reservation at the 8th hour,trying to block my dates for another 9 hours..i will not accept the offer of course,wait a minute...should i accept or no??? i beleive it might be a scam,somebody found a bug in the system and abusing it..maybe but maybe not??

i would like to learn from other hosts if they ever faced a similar situation and their advises

Thanks in advance

Ugur B.

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

yes, it is very frustrating especially when it's a last-minute booking. The dates shouldn't be blocked until the guest doesn't pay and book