A Cancelled booking by host, but host says it is not him who cancelled

A Cancelled booking by host, but host says it is not him who cancelled

Hi, can someone please help me solve this issue as I am having trouble understanding this situation. I received a notification and an email that our reservation has been canceled by the host, yet when contacting the host about it, he said that he did not cancel anything. We also received an invoice that a refund has been issued. I need this issue to be solved ASAP as if the booking is canceled, I need to book another place as soon as possible.

12 Replies 12

@Pauline271  You need to contact Customer Service CS to explain why is your accomodation cancelled. Explain what your host said. The top of the help page shows you how to contact CS.

@Pauline271   Possibly a  glitch in the system, it has been reported before by guests and hosts alike.  Contact Airbnb and see if they can enlighten you.

@Pauline271 if indeed the host did not cancel, you might be able to book the same listing again.

(If the host had done the cancellation, the calendar would be blocked for the days you booked.)

As other suggest, do contact Airbnb support about this. And if it turned out to be a glitch, it sounds like the host would be happy to host you. Hopefully you can just book again at the same place.

Sharon524
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Hi This has just happened to me, I received a text to say the booking had been cancelled and a £24.10 would be added to any further bookings I wanted to make.  I also contacted the host to say what was going on but due to the short notice I booked another place so I didn't miss out.  However the host has now come back and said that they did not cancel and I can follow a link to rebook.  The think it it now has a different host name agains the property so I am very concenred about rebooking with them and when I clicked on the property from my account it said the property no longer existed.  When I searched for it separately it said it was a new listing.  Very very strange.  How do I get the £24.10 offered as the new place is over £100 more.

@Sharon524  This may be a case of Airbnb having cancelled your booking because the host was reported for discrimination, being a scammer, or having a bad listing (dirty, not as described, etc.) The host's listing was probably delisted by airbnb and the host sneakily relisted it under another name.

Stick with the second booking you made at another place. Ignore further messages from the first host. Sounds like bad news.

Jackie148
Level 7
Edens Landing, Australia

Perhaps the property had been sold and the new owner has taken over just a hunch

Cheap-Sleep0
Level 2
RVK, Iceland

Easy answer.. rebook some place else. it is not ment to be. 

why force your way to someones home. find another solution. 

plenty of lisitings. No one needs to accept you. they are not a hostel or a hotel to allow all reservations.. 

Airbnb is just making money for an idiot internet guy with a brain.. the host is doing all the work.. and is forced to trust others like yourself. Why should anyone trust you? they dont even know you?

Jana165
Level 1
Prague, Czech Republic

My guest just canceled one day after his arrival but AirBnb send me an email that I was the one who did it and a warning if I do it again my listing gets suspended. 

On top of it he received a full refund on UNFOUNDED complaints. 

So I have been screwed 2x, losing busines as well damaging my Super Host status. So unfair. Where can I turn to? Anyone has a number?

Jana,call+1(855424-7262 and if you’re not happy with the response,call so many times until you get somebody that will solve your problem

Aurora52
Level 4
Miami, FL

Ore goo on Twitter and tell your story.This would help

Team-Kazemaru0
Level 2
Hawaii, United States

I also had a notification that a booking has been cancelled (I am a host). And there is nowhere to state which party cancelled 

The only people who can help you with this @Team-Kazemaru0 is Airbnb. Do give them a call.