A Guest posted a Picture of my Home Entrance on his Facebook Page - what can I do?

Nessie3
Level 2
San Diego, CA

A Guest posted a Picture of my Home Entrance on his Facebook Page - what can I do?

Hello everyone,

I had a Guest staying with me the last 2 days. He came and the first thing he said was "oh this is not downtown".

Well yeah, it is not, which is obvious on my listing. I'm in the middle of the city and so did I advertise. He obviously did not really read my Ad nor did he really pay attention - I'm assuming he booked my place since it was one of the cheaper ones. 

However, this particular Guest did then not talk much further to me nor my Husband.  We said hi, good morning, but that was pretty much it. 

He was in his room and on skype most of the time - me and my Husband had to work. He never adressed any other concerns about his stay / room.

This morning he left - the review was as you might imagine - not good, and also did he point out where we live so I could get it deleted after me proving this circumstance..

However, I just figured out that this Guest did also post a picture of our entrance door such as my personal car (luckily not the plates though) on his personal Facebook page and said kind of he did not expect his Airbnb to be in the middle of nowhere (...) and i have to say outside it looks **bleep**ty as we have landscaping going on but this doesn't really matter. What matters is, that our home is attached to a business building that name you can now see on his pictures. He also said my Husband and I were "uncomfortable in our own skin" in his comments. 

I'm still in shock and mad BUT my question is, is there any legal action I can do to get this guy to a point where he deletes this pictures? Unfortunately he comes from Europe but I mean, his Facebook page is so that everyone can read it.

I am uncomfortable with people being able to see where I life especially since my home is the only home.. 

Thanks for the help!

4 Replies 4
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Nessie3 you and several other friends can report the picture and have Facebook remove it.

Thank you, I already did that I was just hoping someone might have another idea what to do.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Nessie3  As you did not give him permission to use your home photo, you can send a Cease and Desist Letter and copy FB. Don't know if it will do any good though, but worth a try. 

Thank you so much!