A future guest is requesting my address

Answered!
Johannes306
Level 2
Eastbourne, United Kingdom

A future guest is requesting my address

This is their email - does this seem strange to any of you - read the second half of the last sentence....

Dear host,
for our holiday we booked and paid a room in your place.
At the moment we are planning everything for our vacation.
Unfortunately your address for our stay is missing.
Could you please send me the address details, because in the holiday I do not like reading mails or look at AirBnB website.

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Johannes306 seems fair to me. They will likely only get the address once the 48 hour free cancellation period has passed but if you are beyond this I see no harm in sending your address to them.

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Johannes306 seems fair to me. They will likely only get the address once the 48 hour free cancellation period has passed but if you are beyond this I see no harm in sending your address to them.

OK thanks @Mike-And-Jane0 - much appreciated! I will pass them the details then.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Is your address not listed on their booking confirmation @Johannes306 

Jenny349
Level 10
Bordeaux, France

Good luck with that one @Johannes306 !!

I prefer guests who are prepared to do a minimum of reading and communicating. 

@Jenny349 I have sympathy for the guest especially if they are coming from abroad or do not own a smart phone. As hosts I think we need to recognise that not all guests like dealing with the technology available today.

I get what you are saying @Mike-And-Jane0 , however, this particular guest (in previous messages) has already mentioned SatNav, Google Maps, Trip Advisor etc, as well as being quite experienced with AirBnB since 2014.

Anyway, I appreciate the advice and have passed on the details as requested.

Johannes306
Level 2
Eastbourne, United Kingdom

I do agree @Jenny349 , this is my first (out of 40+ guests) to ask such a thing - it just threw me, that's all.

Jenny349
Level 10
Bordeaux, France

@Mike-And-Jane0

Possibly, and I will endeavour to show more patience. Personally, I attach a lot of importance to good communication. I feel it shows a certain respect for the other person.

Jenny349
Level 10
Bordeaux, France

No harm sending the info @Johannes306 , but this is not something you should have to do as a general rule. 
It speaks to me if a guest who attaches zero importance to reading, and possibly respecting, your instructions/house rules , but no doubt years of hands-on experience have probably made me overly cautious 😉

Jenny349
Level 10
Bordeaux, France

*of* a guest….

Jenny349
Level 10
Bordeaux, France

Oh, and what’s with the “Dear Host” thing ? 

Aren’t you on first-name terms yet? 😂