A guest asked for money in exchange in not doing a bad review

Answered!
Maria38
Level 10
Venice, Italy

A guest asked for money in exchange in not doing a bad review

Hi community:

I work with both airbnb and booking, and always loved airbnb but now I am thinking in working only with booking.

A guest from Spain called ** was home, he enjoyed the free drinks, the free tour, I asked millions of times if there were happy and they say they were,

and at the end he asked for money in exchange of not leaving a bad review,  I refused and he leave a very bad review. I am almost a superhost and the bad review was surrounded of many 5 stars review, my surprise was when I see that he asked money from airbnb and they give him the money without even contact me. This was a great dissapointment, I feel so sad and abused and I really wanto to stop working with airbnb as this is a great injustice because we do everything for our guest as you can see for all the other reviews

guest can behave badly like this ones, get drunk, etc

and nothing happens to them, we are in an absolute indefension and our only possibility is stop renting through airbnb

I feel so sad and tired of working well with no reward

**[Sensitive information hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Maria0 

I read the review, it is very negative compared to other reviews, they are"disappointed" and feel price was to high. If guests ask for (partial) refund, otherwise leave a bad review, then you can report them to Airbnb. I read in your posting the guest are partially refunded by Airbnb, after complaining ? But you also offered them a refund during there stay, which they did not take. If this all true, seems to me Airbnb is doing a bad job here, not listening to the host. Maybe ask Airbnb for explanation about this case  by Phone:

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Or use the feedback option:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Maria0 

I read the review, it is very negative compared to other reviews, they are"disappointed" and feel price was to high. If guests ask for (partial) refund, otherwise leave a bad review, then you can report them to Airbnb. I read in your posting the guest are partially refunded by Airbnb, after complaining ? But you also offered them a refund during there stay, which they did not take. If this all true, seems to me Airbnb is doing a bad job here, not listening to the host. Maybe ask Airbnb for explanation about this case  by Phone:

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Or use the feedback option:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

Please report this guest to Airbnb, see link above.  You can also respond to your review with something like "This guest demanded money in exchange for a positive review, which I declined to give."

I would just respond :  

Guest asked me for money and said  if I did not pay up they would give me a bad review. 

I refused.  Et violá.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

As Lisa said post this as a reponse to his review: This guest demanded money in exchange for a positive review, which I declined to give. The get on Twitter a phone call won't cut it here. Direct message AirbnbHelp and tell them about his demand for money to give a positive and AirBnB refunding him. Flag his profile also before you twit.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

You've been given good advice here. If you contact airbnb they may remove the review, as they can see it isn't even close to your other reviews.

Going forward, if a guest ever does this again, contact airbnb right away to tell them about this. Don't wait until the guest has stayed and left a review. Had you let airbnb know this immediately, it's quite possible that they would never have let him review and not refunded him. 

Alfred9
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

Como español lamentó que sea un español el que ha hecho esto, aunque creo que los malos comportamientos no tienen nacionalidad y espero que se resuelva

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Maria, this extortion attempt violates Airbnb's Terms of Service. This guest needs to be reported and his harmful, retaliatory review needs to come down. If it were me, I woudn't stop there. I'd also request that Airbnb refund me the amount they returned to the guest - You don't need to be victimized twice. 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Maria0,

I could not find your bad review. Did Airbnb remove it?

Maria, I read all your amazing reviews. You're a star!

You're in the most romatic place in the world - Venice. 

Your guests rave.

Why are you not a  Superhost?  It perplexes me. 

I'm sure you have given this much thought. Do people confuse old for dirty?

Are you underpriced? 

Do you have too much interactions with guests? Free tours? Free drinks?

Is it impossible to get good housekeepers?

In this business I often bang my head. I often  see the most contolling, mean hosts  be Superhosts and the most pleasant hosts not making the grade. Thoughts?

Thank you @Paul0,  we give the guest a free limoncello shot ( or 2 or 3) free mineral water, a free boat tour,

most of our guest give us 5 stars but just a bad review make every effort usseless

the place is an old palace from my family and it is spotless

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hello Maria

I hope the fake bad review has been erase by Airbnb. I did not see it on your profile.

You say there you have a travel blog. Can you share the link to it here? I would like to visit it! 🙂